Sign in to follow this  

What are common mods to a 2006 YZ250F

I have an 02 with the 03 cam, PowerNow, JD jetting kit and a Yosh pipe. It's getting a little (!) tired, so I'm replacing it, still staying blue.

Since I got my bike all set up, I haven't been on here. Do riders still do those things? What are the new hot tips? Blue wire etc.

Thaks

i goofed up getting a pipe before suspension...big time.

i would say suspension, new tires, new air filter, extra oil, oil filters, go over everything, new fluids. then if you still have cash go for some mods, it sounds like you want a little more power, i'd stay with the basics, pipe, (you have a jet kit), maybe a few more cc's, and possibly some intake/cam mods :thumbsup:

450 is a lot of bike on a track.

Common mods:

Pipe

hi comp pistons

cams

aftermarket clutch basket

49t rear sprocket

Has any one tested the HI piston in the bike? the mods I did was fuel screw. wb pipe, and lower the fork 10mm ( I havn't try it yet I was turn makes it turn better) and new tires

I was going to go to a 48 on the rear but i got used the taller gearing and left the stock 49 on. I think alot of people switch to a 48.

The 06 250f comes with a 48 tooth rear sprocket, so alot of people move to a 49 tooth sprocket to get more low end power.

I was going to go to a 48 on the rear but i got used the taller gearing and left the stock 49 on. I think alot of people switch to a 48.

The 06 is stock with a 48,also the 49 is not taller gearing than the 48.