Sign in to follow this  

How much life you gettin out of your plugs?

Man it seems like plugs last forever on my 06 250. I have yet to ever foul one and still have the same one in for a long time now. I can't even remember last time I replaced one. Anyways how often are you guys switchin them out? I've been runnin an NGK BR8EIX Iriduim plug.

i usually run mine for just a few races usually. i think i am running a br8eg in there, but i just change them every so often to keep them fresh.

the stock one is still in mine. I should probably change that just for good measure. Wow, now that I think about it my bike is a year old. That sucks

Well I have an 06 yz250 and seem to foul up after every second ride :S I have been running it at 33:1 but maybe i should run it at 40:1 ? Spark plug I have been running is the br8eg The fuel i have been running was 98 octane premium and i have been told to run it back to 95 ?? Any other ideas?

ha ha i ride a yz250 but i cant get full speed on it so for me like 5 rides.

On NGK's web site, the say if the jetting is correct then you should see 60,000-80,000 miles.. just have a few extra when doing plug readings.. If the bike isnt jetted right you will have to replace the wet and fouled ones up every few weeks or even rides.. i have learned this the hard way...

i was running 33-1 for a long time and fouling plugs every other ride, i had it jetted perfectly and it still fouled plugs, i went to a 40-1 ratio and i havnt fouled a plug in about 4 months

First one lasted a year and a half (130sih hours), and I changed it just for the heck of it. This one is going on about six months.

I run the Denso Iriduim plugs and really have never needed to change it but I do a plug change with every top end rebuild. About 2 - 3 times per year.

i've never actually fouled a plug. my old 80 never fouled them, kept each one in for 6 months, then i would switch, and i was riding 2 hours 5 days a week atleast. my new yz i havent fouled one yet, but ive only got about 7 hours on it.

I have changed my ratio to 40:1 have had 2 rides on it since, and the plug is still going yipppeeeee :thumbsup:

Reducing the amount of oil in your mix isn't the right way to go about fixing a plug-fouling problem. You are trading plug life for engine life. Does that sound like a fair trade to you?

If you foul plugs, it's because your jetting is too rich. Learn how to jet your bike properly, and not only will the fouling stop, you'll find that your bike performs better. And your crank bearings will thank you in the long run for providing them with adequate lube. Despite what a lot of mis-informed people will tell you, if you push your engine hard and rev the snot out of it, 40:1 is not enough oil.

I replace my plug when I replace my piston, just so I have a fresh plug to go with the fresh top-end.

ok...the bike shop jetted my bike from brand new dont know what they did, but it did run good for at least a month, then the probs started. So why would it do that? Maybe be it needs to go back for another jetting. I dont have a clue on jetting and stuff like that. I leave that for the pros