Sign in to follow this  

who sells alpinestars mx pants/jerseys in US?

does anybody know of any online shops that sell the alpinestar techstar riding gear in the USA? i can't find it anywhere here and would like to pick up some. thanks, matt

I dont think they sell the dirt bike gear here in the states for some reason ,I looked into it a few months back and couldnt find anything only in Europe.If you find any post it cause I want some too :thumbsup:

theres none on ebay. i dont know why they dont sell it here. they've sold their other gear and boots here for years. well they sell everything here but the mx gear. i found some online shops in the uk that sell it, but i think the shipping would be big $$$ and take quite some time. i'm not giving up though.

i heard that they dont sell it because tucker rocky is the distributor for pretty much everywhere in the us. they are also the owners of thor. for some reason they dont want to gear to be sold in the us so they dont let it go through them. i got a brand new pants and jersey set off ebay for 110$

i talk to alpinestars tonight and they said it was do to distribution issues. sounds like the tucker rockey thing. what doesn't make sense is that alot of places sell alpinestar boots, but dont sell their gear. The guy at alpinestars said there is no plans to bring their gear to the US. He said to go through this place, www.customlids.co.uk he said they refer everyone there. A pair of techstar pants end up costing $225 US. $35 shipping on pants,jersey, gloves.

How does this gear compare to thor, no fear, fox? is it worth the money?

It's more of, do you really want to pay 225 for a look. I'd say the alpinestars stuff is really good but it's not worth 225. Stick with things you can get cheaper in the US. More bang for your buck. Just my .02

i just did a conversion for a set of tech 10s and from pound to dollar the total without shipping would be 618 dollars. i will stick with what i got.

search... there has been lengthy discussions on this before. Someone also has posted some site where they sell a full set for about the price of thor stuff.

How do these people find these old threads?

Is there some option when you sign up to immediately reply to 8 year old threads?

It's internet archaeology, usually new users seem to be the most adept at unearthing ancient threads. Anyway, if the quality of the A-stars gear is anything like my tech 8's, you could pay me to wear it. 

I want some of that gear also,UFO gear looks great good colors to choose from,can't buy that gear in the U.S. either...