Sign in to follow this  

HELP Just changed oil, now won't start

ok I needed to change my oil so I did it today. i started it warmed it up for a minute or 2 to get the oil pumping, then shut it off. Changed it, went inside the house to get a drink then decided to go ride. I pull the choke, give two blips of the throttle like my normal routine and kick. it don't start. so i kick and kick and kick for about five minutes still nothing.doesn't even try to start. i tried even bump starting it twice starts runs for about 5 seconds then dies. It is about 90-100 degrees out and humid right now but it was when i changed it. HELP!!!! i just don't get why it won't start.

i changed the plug but it still took about 20 kicks to get it started. i was thinking i could have flooded it when i tipped it over a little.(not laying the bike on the ground) but i did turn the gas off when i did this. weird.

You possibly need the choke but I wouldn't think twisting the throttle would be nesessary as hot as it is. Maybe twisting the throttle flooded it? Hard starting when the engine is cold may mean that a valve adjustment is needed. You could also have some jetting issues; as it gets hotter the engine will need to be leaned out a bit.

above 80* you dont need the choke. Just blip the throttle twice. Or just read the manual there is a section on cold and warm starting the bike.

Sounds like you may also blip the throttle when you kick start the bike - aka 2 stroke habit. Take your hand off the throttle, put it on the master cylinder, pull in the hot start and kick all the way through the stroke.