Sign in to follow this  

Which handguards fit Fly Handlebars?

My DRZ, purchased used, sure looks like it has a set of Fly Racing ATV handlebars on it, they look just like the 6061 Aluminum bars. Anyone know how to tell for sure?

Here is a link to a picture:

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/2993/drzhandlebarscp0.jpg

The Thumpertalk store sells Cycra handguards, but you need to specify standard bars, Pro-Taper, Renthal-Taper, or Magura. No listing for Fly. Anyone know which ones would fit?

I did search the archives first. :thumbsup::)

Thanks!!

atv and bike bars are the same diameter but most atv bars are a lot taller than those ones and have much more sweep. Go to an online catalogue or store and get the measurements (rise, sweep, width) and find a match if you really want to know what they are. They are certainly bike bars but cant tell the bend. The things you need to take into consideration: inner bar diameter (for mounting the end of the reinforcing bar), outer diameter (to get the right clamps) and that's it. I have moose in yellow for my sled and black for my bike (still on order-running 909 non-reinforced for now).

I just put a set of Fly ATV bars on mine and ran into a problem. The inside diameter was to small for my Moose handguard bar end mounts to fit. These were the the metal mounts ment for aluminum bars not the rubber ones. I don't know if this is an issue with just the Fly bars or what.

I called Fly Racing today, was pleasantly surprised at the good service, they said if I ordered the standard handguard set those should fit just fine.

Probably should have just called them to start with, but expected to get an automated "press 2 to be put on hold for 20 minutes and then transferred to a call center in India where the help picks a 3x5 index card randomly from the stack and reads it to you" type deal.

Alls well that ends well, wait, the guards aren't in my garage and installed yet, there is still plenty that could go wrong! :thumbsup::)