shift gear during wheelie

when i get my bike up in the air in 2nd or 3rd i can go kinda far but then the bike hits the limiter and it falls back down again. Do you guys have any advice? How do you properly shift when doing this and is it easy. I am afraid to try.

Practice, practice, practice and try not to fall. Try them in 4th gear you can ride them longer. Its all technique youll get it eventually. Check out the link in my signature. That wheelie was in 4th gear the whole time i did not shift. If my 230 was not under sale pending i would get an updated video of wheelieing the correct way...

you dont need to. if you can lift em up, you need to learn the balance point. when you hit the balance point you can hold the throttle steady in 3rd and ride em as far you want to.

i used to wanna learn to shift while riding one (and still do) but you dont need to. its easier to just stay in 3rd on the balance point. ride em just as long.

None what so ever. Its a awesome bike and i love it. The only thing that makes me mad is the occasional slpooge from the exhaust that is really hard to clean, but other than that its a fast as hell and fun bike...

Practice, practice, practice and try not to fall. Try them in 4th gear you can ride them longer. Its all technique youll get it eventually. Check out the link in my signature. That wheelie was in 4th gear the whole time i did not shift. If my 230 was not under sale pending i would get an updated video of wheelieing the correct way...

link + working = false

The key to riding a wheelie is getting to the balance point, plain and simple. I know some people blame the bike, but when it comes to wheelies it is all rider. Practice is all it takes.

The key to riding a wheelie is getting to the balance point, plain and simple. I know some people blame the bike, but when it comes to wheelies it is all rider. Practice is all it takes.

+1

Dont worry about shifting gears either if you can't ride a balance point wheelie in 1st or 2nd gear for miles...

I still to this day don't even attempt to shift gears becuase I dont need to, and cause it can just cause your wheelie to go wrong

http://media.putfile.com/150-and-50-stuntin

• Like 1

+1

Dont worry about shifting gears either if you can't ride a balance point wheelie in 1st or 2nd gear for miles...

I still to this day don't even attempt to shift gears becuase I dont need to, and cause it can just cause your wheelie to go wrong

Me on my bone stock crf150

I like to shift through em, I find you get were going quicker. I ride them all the time, but sometimes my bike still wants to come up sideways abit, so sometimes I ride them in a big 360. I think it's because I'm pulling it up weird when I'm sitting, because this never happens when I stand.

while watching that vid, the part in the beginning when youre doing the barhop wheelie i guess u could call it...how bad it would be if by some chance u went over backwards. i dont wanna be the gear nazi but thats poor judgement if you ask me. at least a helmet...cmon. but its your body, do what you want. btw you have some sick skills and i think i speak for a good part of the dirtbiking community when i say, thanks for keeping it on a closed course where no1 was gonna get hurt or call the cops. :thumbsup::ride:

ya I wear my helmet now

first week I got my 150 was I think the hottest weather i'v ever lived through in my life lol.. 120 degree heat index, it was killer

Alwasy wearin my helmet now, and usually my gloves

On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2006 at 9:22 PM, Towlieee said:

+1

Me on my bone stock crf150

How do you hold them at the balance point though, I normally go in and out of it but eventually run out of gear, but I make it last considerably. It feels like I am ready for the next step, i.e. shifting. I feel like if I could shift to 3rd I could bust a half miler no problem but it doesn't occur to me at the time.

• Like 1

I used to wheelie shifting gears over 3 /4 foot woops, no more old age. To do this no more then 30 years old balance of a cat. Or save your back fender- or head don't do it.

• Like 1

Shifting without the clutch is a seamless way to keep the power even. Engine and throttle must be in a neutral bind situation though, like when it feels just tipping over. I use to do it on the CR125 Elsinore in the avatar, that bike had an incredible balance point. We rode on the beach and could pull it up (standing) in 6th and ride it at least a mile. Good times.