Sign in to follow this  

Where did all the Ohio people go?

Hi I was reading your all's threads from the spring looking for a place to ride. Did you guys ever go riding this past spring?

I'm in northern ky and just starting out. Not ready to go out anywhere yet (still riding around in the yard) but might in the future. I don't think I'll get into the motocross anytime soon, since I'm new.Did you ever find any good trail riding spots?

Where planning a ride this weekend, as long as I don't have a roofing job too do. Proubly going too perry.

Roofing in this weather, your a better man than I....

LauraAnn, yes there are a few good riding areas fairly close to nky, both to the north and south. I am planning a trip to northern TN in early fall. I did get out a few times this spring, but not at all this summer. Heavy work load and now a broken hand kept me off the bike.

Roofing in this weather, your a better man than I....

LauraAnn, yes there are a few good riding areas fairly close to nky, both to the north and south. I am planning a trip to northern TN in early fall. I did get out a few times this spring, but not at all this summer. Heavy work load and now a broken hand kept me off the bike.

you talking about coal creek ? We counted we went 17 times last year lol .

I'm not sure what the areas called, I'm going with a friend who's in good with the locals. Apparently there is a large trail system around lake Norris that dates back to the days of the TVA. Should be fun...

I just got back form Wayne National last weekend. It was humid, but nice to ride because the there wasn't much dust due to the rain earlier in the week.

I'm not sure what the areas called, I'm going with a friend who's in good with the locals. Apparently there is a large trail system around lake Norris that dates back to the days of the TVA. Should be fun...

Probably Royal Blue. Get off 75 at Perkins. It's a hunting area that lets you ride, but the head guy hates atv/dirt bikes, so the riding has suffered. It was free, but now you need a permit and for out of state it's a lot more $.

It's pretty cool if you ride with someone that knows the good trails, otherwise you'll mostly be dodging a lot of big mud holes from jeeps and quads.

http://www.state.tn.us/twra/genmain.html

They also have a section on the west side of I75,it's a 5 mile uphill abandoned mining road with an old strip mine at the top with this stange white sand. It's really cool and has a good view.

Search TT for Royal Blue for more info.

Probably Royal Blue. Get off 75 at Perkins. It's a hunting area that lets you ride, but the head guy hates atv/dirt bikes, so the riding has suffered. It was free, but now you need a permit and for out of state it's a lot more $.

It's pretty cool if you ride with someone that knows the good trails, otherwise you'll mostly be dodging a lot of big mud holes from jeeps and quads.

http://www.state.tn.us/twra/genmain.html

They also have a section on the west side of I75,it's a 5 mile uphill abandoned mining road with an old strip mine at the top with this stange white sand. It's really cool and has a good view.

Search TT for Royal Blue for more info.

When we go too coal creek, one of the guys we ride with goes too royal blue with his friends , and he said it's not worth going over there that it's nothin but a mud fest for quads ? I think I have seen the white sandy stuff your talking about from the flats over by lake city.

What would be the closest place to northern ky for trail riding? Is Big Rock any good for a beginner?

What would be the closest place to northern ky for trail riding? Is Big Rock any good for a beginner?

big rock, hense the name big rock that place is rocky ..

I have been racing more and trail riding less, so that's why I've been posting less. I haven't been to Wayne since April and Perry since mid-June. It looks like it'll be more of the same until we get into October.

I go up to SVR every week and put some laps in.

I love that track and the members are awesome from what I've seen. I wish I lived close enough to join there.

I go up to SVR every week and put some laps in.

svr is the best i go every weekedn to every other weekend. :thumbsup:

Moswag's still out here, just getting through the family vaca season. Am gearing up for some late summer/fall riding to KY, WV or TN. Keep me on the mailing list for some local OH riding.

I did sell the DR-Z and picked-up a KTM 300EXC this summer- sorry TT'ers but I'm 2 smokin it. Better put me in the back of the pack.

svr is the best i go every weekedn to every other weekend. :thumbsup:

You guy's ever need a guest to ride with, I'd be all in for riding SVR anytime.