Sign in to follow this  

Stupid Question About Goggles

I need some goggles for me and my son. Not sure if the helmet and/or size you wear makes a difference? :thumbsup:

My son wears glasses and he always has to have them on. I know this is kind of an off topic subject on this forum, but any info about this would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!

You are going to need any standard adult google if you are wearing an adult helmet. Your son will need youth googles, they fit the youth helmet opening better, I am not sure if they make an over the glasses youth goggle ? Ask your local shop to look in tr or parts unlimited catalog, I used to run a mx shop before this :thumbsup:

So I mean what brand???

I don't like goggles honestly!!! I will put my bike up when it is dusty to avoid wearing them; however, I want to ride all the time now that I am getting older... :ride:

Also, did I mention that I might buy two Honda 450's? Thinking they make way better goggles for them riders... :applause::applause::applause:

LOL!!! :thumbsup:

I tried goggles with my glasses and it was just too tight in there. The goggles will fit over the glasses but it is not comfortable. The front of your lenses are pressing against the lenses on the goggles. The arms of the glasses get moved out of place by the foam of the goggles. When your used to wearing glasses, even moving them a fraction of an inch out of their normal position makes everything look "angled". The goggles are meant to seal against your face but your glasses prevent this.

Believe me, I really wanted to wear goggles like all my riding buddies but it just wasn't comfortable. You can get motocross helmets that have shields. I have seen lots of them. Thats what I use and really like it.

The over the glasses goggles arent too bad, I had some scotts...I just bought em at my local shop... I found that they would fog up occasionally if you stopped with em still on, or if it was cold outside. I dont think the goggles fogged but my glasses did.

I ended up ditching my glasses for contacts this year so I could ride more comfortably...wow what a difference.

Scott makes some over-the-glass ones for your son. But as for you...i recommend the new scott no sweat Xi with the vent riser. I just got a pair of these, the foam is triple thick with a cloth-like lining(very very comfortable) and they dont fog as hard as you try. The vent riser on the top is part of a "ram air" technology(is must have been hard to figure out if you have a vent air will go thru it, lol) but it really keeps your face cool under your goggles. I rode with these goggles acouple times now and they are very much worth the whole $35...unlike top-o-line Spy's about $70 bucks...and they werent as comfortable. Good luck.

untill this year when i got lasic i needed glasses to ride. i never had luck with over the glasses googles. http://www.pro-vue.com/moto.html i ran these and you cant go wrong. its well worth the money if you need glasses to ride. They work with tearoffs, and you can replace the goggle frame or lenses and since the glasses themselfs are inside they stay in good condition and don't get all scratched up.

Also, did I mention that I might buy two Honda 450's? Thinking they make way better goggles for them riders... :applause::ride::applause:

LOL!!! :thumbsup:

That's funny...

My friends kid wears glasses under his Oakley Pro Frames (adult size) and likes them, he wears a medium adult helmet. They are rather large but do fit in his helmet.... I would suggest taking him to the local cycle shop and trying some on. Everyone's got their own taste. :thumbsup:

I use an xs size adult helmet...here is the deal most adult goggles don't fit in the helmet and allow them to seal...therefore leaks..so now I run kids goggles and they seal nice..downside is lose some peripheral vision..best advice I can give is to do what I did..go to the store with your helmet and glasses try them on... oh yeah I use to wear glasses as well..went to contacts..only issue I have had with ram air ones is they dry up my lenses and force dust in( I race desert) so I run a piece of tape over the vents to slow the dust down...