Sign in to follow this  

the best feeling

My head has been a lil crazy lately. Everyone is fighting at work, which just plain makes it hell to be there. A guy that I grew up knowing and was like a second father to me is battling brain cancer. My grandpa is also in the fight with cancer. It just seems like my head has been out in left field somewhere filled with way to much thought.

But today after work I loaded up the bike and went to the track. I just rode laps and it was the best feeling in the world. I didn't think of anything from the outside world. I put all my energy and thought into the bike and the track. Everything just melted away, even if it was for the short lived time that I spent out on the bike. Even the drive home my head was calm. It was the best therapy that I think i could ever receive and even though I will wake up tomorrow and have to face these problems until they get resolved....I'll just wait till its just me, the bike, and dirt again.

good to hear you were able to free yourself for a little while. and sorry to hear about the situation, but just stay strong. it will get better as long as you keep your head in the game. ride on.

I get that same amazing feeling. Though I don't have the problems you do, I know what you mean. I respect that you can deal with that. Keep strong.

I swear its the iron in the dirt that just gets you high and makes you forget about everything, good thing about it is its free and legal...Lol, Thats what my dad tells everyone, "i gotta go get me iron fix!"(is what he tells his boss who we ride with)! Don't you love riding, same happens with me during the school year, i get all stresses cause i got a test, yet when im on the bike i forget about it all! Glad to here iyour sticken in there! Livestrong "Lance Armstrong"(so i don't get sue'd)

I have a section of Singletrack I ride most every Sunday morning...Early , at Daybreak...Its awesome, and Im always the only person out there...Stress relief big time..I make a loop out of it , run it 2 or three times..I love Sundays..

That's good, those things can be tough to deal with and dirtbiking is a good stress release. Glad to hear you found a good healthy "escape route". I love to dirtbike but football gives me that feeling. Nothing is better than absolutely leveling a runningback :thumbsup:

Nothing like pounding laps. You know, I once heard somewhere (dont know how true it is) that doing things that you REALLY love to do can give you a natural high. Sorry about your situation.

Nothing like spending a day at the track. When I'm on the track I don't think of anything but having fun and getting better. Seriously I have ridden like 10 laps before and then stopped to rest and thats when I realized I was thirsty. I didn't know I was thirsty when I was riding because I was in my own little world. I love this sport.

I just rode laps and it was the best feeling in the world. I didn't think of anything from the outside world. I put all my energy and thought into the bike and the track. Everything just melted away, even if it was for the short lived time that I spent out on the bike. Even the drive home my head was calm. It was the best therapy that I think i could ever receive and even though I will wake up tomorrow and have to face these problems until they get resolved....I'll just wait till its just me, the bike, and dirt again.

You nailed it, most of the rest of the world thinks we are nuts for riding but they are the ones that are more likely to so something crazy with no real outlet for stress like we have.

Most of us here have a passion for riding and thats why we do it and ignore the many risks because its worth it and we love it.

"The Zone"....I love being there. :thumbsup:

I try explaining the feeling to my wife but unless you have been there you just don't understand.

I put all my energy and thought into the bike and the track. Everything just melted away, even if it was for the short lived time that I spent out on the bike. Even the drive home my head was calm. It was the best therapy that I think i could ever receive

It's the best drug going, isn't it!

:thumbsup:

im lucky enough to have 2 things that do this to me...riding and hockey...nothing feels better then a long trail ride up north away from anything or a glove save(im a goalie so i dont get to score goals)

Don't you love it.

If I am having a tough time sleeping, I will mentally ride the bike thru the trees trying to visualize every little thing.

Dang I need to go riding! Wish it wasn't so friggin' hot around here!