Sign in to follow this  

small rubber washer...lost it...what does it do?

I did Eddie's Rejet and DJ setup; however, when taking the carb apart for a second time i couldn't find the little washer that falls out at the top of the Carb. Is this small rubber washer important, and if so, where does it fit?

Thanks for the help.

I did Eddie's Rejet and DJ setup; however, when taking the carb apart for a second time i couldn't find the little washer that falls out at the top of the Carb. Is this small rubber washer important, and if so, where does it fit?

Thanks for the help.

not sure which washer you're talking about. The only one I can think of up in the top (of the S model carb or cali E=bsr mikuni 36) is a very small one that helps to hold the needle in place. It is very important as it locks the needle retainer cap into position. If that is the one you mean you can probably find a resonable replacement at a hardware store or auto parts store. It is an o-ring of about 5mm inside diameter and 1.5mm thickness.

It could be the "dead spot" o-ring which goes in a little recess in the carb top near the diaphram.

This o-ring just pops out when you take the rubber boot off. It's extremely small and easy to lose. Does anyone have a diagram that might help locate where it should be positioned? Thanks for the help!

I think everyone spends some time on their knees looking for that stupid o ring the first time they take the carb apart. :thumbsup:

I've had that little effin' o-ring fall out before on other Mikunis. Then I wised up and used a dab of RTV to stick that sucker in its little round donut hole once and for all. :thumbsup: