Sign in to follow this  

need drz s carberator

rejetted myself drilled wrong plug out going to try repair but eddie aka burned states its shot. If anyone has one or parts pm me. Thanks

I dont have a carb to loan you but if the hole is ok fully plugged (and the carb is f'd anyway) fix it as follows: rough the hole up with sandpaper, take a peice of aluminum rod (round stock) a little larger than the finished size (use steel, brass, copper, a spike, bolt... if can't get aluminum), put it in a drill (in the chuck as though it were a bit), put drill in a vise loosely (wrap it in a rag first if it's new) and hold a file or sand paper against it and turn it down until you get the right size. Try to give it a bit of a taper. Install by coating lightly but thoroughly with jb weld and insert firmly but not hard enough to squeeze out the jb weld. let it sit over night and then inspect to make sure everything is tight and you havent clogged anything up. I used this fix to modify a set of vf750f carbs in 1997. They are still good an engine rebuild and about 20000km later. Another method used by a friend of mine is to tap the hole and insert a plug of some kind (air fittings are small, brake fittings also)

of course if eddie says it's done, then it probably is but when all is lost, try anything.