Sign in to follow this  

Any one riding tomahawk/black lake this sat.

Just wondering if anybody is riding around indian river area this sat 8/5. I'll be going up fri nite and the rest of my riding bro's won't be at mullet lake till sat late afternoon. I really don't want to waste a good riding day so if anyone's going to be on the trails in the area and don't mind a tag along (no anchor here) I'm flexible as to where/when/how.

25year2stroker: sorry I didnt get this earlier, but I would have loved to tag along. So how was the ride? What trails did you tackle? Im going to our cottage in Topinabee all this next week (11-20th) and I will be riding the Tomahawk and Black lake trails. Just wondering if you were gonna be up there.

25year2stroker: sorry I didnt get this earlier, but I would have loved to tag along. So how was the ride? What trails did you tackle? Im going to our cottage in Topinabee all this next week (11-20th) and I will be riding the Tomahawk and Black lake trails. Just wondering if you were gonna be up there.

Ended up riding mio with some guys from this site sat. and riding black lk sun. Some friends rented cabins on mullet lk. last sat. thru this sat. so I won't be up that way this weekend. Depending what you like to ride it's all there to be had if you have a cottage in the area i'm sure you know that.

We left from the parking lot across Doriya rd from the bluffs campground, the orv route was wide/sandy & whooped out then we came to the scramble area some BIG sandy hills I thought the rod was going to come out the bottom of the motor on a couple of them, pretty cool stuff. I quickly tired on the wide stuff and conned the guys into hitting the orv trail loop north. Nice trail not real tight but just enough to keep up a quick pace. We went out about 20mi or so and decided to double back on 2 track for fuel reasons. If your going to be there a week between black lake area/tomahawk you could surely ride your ass off and not see the same trail twice.

You'll have a riot, ride safe.

I just got back from Black Lake this past weekend. Those hills in the scramble area are really big. Makes Silver lake look like a cakewalk. The further north you go on the Black lake trail, the less it is used. It is a very nice trail system. I also rode some of the Red Bridge trail. That is also a nice ride. I have my KTM street titled so I can also run all the fire lanes. There surely is a lot of riding that can be had in that area. I see that there putting up a stagging area just off Black River road on Red Bridge road.

Mike