Sign in to follow this  

Megabomb Header on 06 250SXF

Has any1 got a 06 250SXF with a FMF megabomb Header? Whats the power difference? How des it sound?

Also i want to know if i can get the megabomb with a white brothers muffler?

wat bout the white brothers alloy pro muffler? will i still have the stock mid pipe? does fmf make a mid pipe? would it make it better?

You can only use a Factory 4 or 4.1 FMF pipe with the Megabomb. You do need to buy the mid pipe if you already have one of the exhaust. They don't offer a mid pipe for other exhaust. Sucks...didn't know this either until after I received my Megabomb headpipe. I had a Factory 4 from my 453...so that's the route I had to go with. You can't even run the Q with this headpipe...at least on the 250SXF Megabomb. I'm probably going to have a new mid pipe made for when the SunValley, CA track opens since they'll probably require a quieter setup/sound check to ride. At that point I'll either put the stock can back on or maybe the Ti Q.

Johnny,

I have an 06 sxf & have the FMF megabomb & also the mid-pipe. I also run the 4.1 as well a the Q. I bought the Q & took it along with the mid-pipe tp a muffler shop & had thm enlarge the Q ever so slightly to fit the mid pipe. I can now run either silencer. The Q works really well. Just thought it might help! MJ

Johnny,

I have an 06 sxf & have the FMF megabomb & also the mid-pipe. I also run the 4.1 as well a the Q. I bought the Q & took it along with the mid-pipe tp a muffler shop & had thm enlarge the Q ever so slightly to fit the mid pipe. I can now run either silencer. The Q works really well. Just thought it might help! MJ

That’s great news. I’ve been going crazy wondering the best way to get a Q put on. Didn’t know it was going to be that easy. I had visions of some huge, weird shaped piece of steel stuck in the middle of my bike. :thumbsup: Which Q pipe did you get and which model KTM was it listed for?

When I bought mine they only has the regular Q not the ti! Maybe now they do. But the combo works really ood, gt them to send you an extra clamp. I am using 2, 1 on each mount jus for extra support, it takes a little mod on the front one( you can cut the tab off the clamp to clear the sub-frame.) I think you could get by with just the rear mount I did for a whilethen added the other as I did not want ot be on the trail & ave a mount break! Hope hat helps! MJ