Sign in to follow this  

250exc or 300exc

just wondering im 6' and 275lbs what would be better for hills,woods,some track which has good low-end torque and can be luggable. and wouldn't send me looking for more power. are the 02's green sticker and what a good year

you are the opposite of the other guy, big. I had a 300 in the past. I would say that would fit your needs better. It lugs down good and still rips. Almost all KTM's improve with a needle change in the carb to amooth them out and to stop the mid-range richness. They must also have the right springs for your weight due to no linkage in the rear suspension.

02' and older are green sticker. 01=02 are almost identicle, but the 02 had almost no problems at all.

Being a KTM owner for the last 6 years, I've own both a 2000 and 2003 KTM 250exc. They made alot of improvements on the 2003 (larger forks and larger hubs and axle bolt, better suspension). I would recommend going with a 2003 or new model over the older models.

My best riding buddy has a 2003 300exc, and I think he enjoys riding my 250 over his 300, but his 300 has more lugging power.

Good luck.

Rick

Being a KTM owner for the last 6 years, I've own both a 2000 and 2003 KTM 250exc. They made alot of improvements on the 2003 (larger forks and larger hubs and axle bolt, better suspension). I would recommend going with a 2003 or new model over the older models.

Unfortunately, due to state regulations here in California if you want a 2-sroke that you can ride year round on public land you have to have a 2002 or older (that's part of our re sticker/green sticker program). :ride:

By the way, I love my 2001 250EXC. :thumbsup:

Don't overlook the 380exc, the jetting can be a bit finicky, but they are awesome and can be lugged way down. I won't ride my 4st anymore....

just wondering im 6' and 275lbs what would be better for hills,woods,some track which has good low-end torque and can be luggable. and wouldn't send me looking for more power. are the 02's green sticker and what a good year

Hey are you gonna sell your YZ 250f? I know some Italian guy in manteca that would be interested in taking off your hands if you ever decide to sell it :thumbsup: