Sign in to follow this  

bring the bike back

How do you bring the back back stright when you do a whip?

Is it with your leg or arms.

How do you bring the bike back stright when you do a scrub.

I have the same question... when ever I try to do a whip I like freeze in the air and I cant move the bike no matter what I do... :thumbsup: And usually wreck or get close.

:ride:

Start small. Easiest whips to try is the handlebar turning. Don't mess with the lean over scrub whips til you can bring back the small whips. To start you are just gonna have to turn the handle bars one way then in the middle turn em quickly the other way. As your whips get bigger so does the amount of body movement required to bring it back. If you can't go small pls don't go big! Once you get the idea of the smaller whips your comfort level will rise and your whips will get progressively bigger.

^ I never thought of turning my handle bars like that...I have alway just tried leaning and usually fail at my attempts.

unless ur pro or bubba ur bike doesn't need to whip to scrub so really u can just duck the bike down and pick it back up with your arms. for plain whipping, part of the problem u might be having is you're trying to do the entire whip in the air. Most of the time it starts from the lip and is easier this way. I don't turn my bars going up the lip but i lean them like I'm leaning over for a turn with my arms and then push my butt out in the direction of the whip. Start small. to bring it back i just look at where I want to land and pull my front end with my arms mostly( i think) and straighten out my body(stand back up because you usually croutch a little when you whip). i usually pull the front end over to where the back end is but once you get good u can do both. it sounds too easy but I think with a better take off it will be more natural. Once you do learn how to whip don't waste your energy and speed on race day doing it. You will look like a fool. keep it to small necessary scrubs. hope this helps

I could be wrong but it looks like your hips play a big role in bringing the bike back. Aim your hips and shoulders where you want to land and the bike should follow.

jlsx125 i dont know what that means? i look back at my post and i realize i did a horrible job of explaining. the best thing to do is find someone who does it good and try to imitate.

i turn on the face of the jump like to right a bit and then at the last second just flick it to the left and then you will be whipped out to the right and just use your body i just twist my legs to make the bike whip