Sign in to follow this  

Which forks fit '01 YZ250 ??

I have a nice dent in the top tube of my right fork tube, and am on the lookout for a replacement - I've found a few complete fork sets on Ebay, but am unsure as to which years' forks will bolt up the the stock triple clamps... Any info here will be very helpful :thumbsup:

You will need 03 and older to mount into your triple clamps because the fork diameter went up in 04. If I were you and was going to buy new forks then I would look for an 05 or 06 set. The 06 forks are really nice but will probably cost more than you want to spend. You might be able to pick up an 05 set reasonable and it will be much better than the 03 and older stuff. You can pick up an 04 or 05 clamp for like $25. For some reason they just don't bring much, barely their weight in aluminum. Some people may try to get more than that but trust me $25 will get you one if your patient. You will have to press your steering shaft out of your clamp and into the new clamp. Now just go buy a new or used 05 front brake line and you will have cr brake routing. Hopefully the new forks will have the plastic fork guards which are set up for cr brake routing. With this setup your 01 will be much more competitve with the newer bikes.