Sign in to follow this  

07 250 XCF or XCF-W green sticker?

I put a deposit down with a dealer in Texas on a 07 KTM 250 XCF. These are the new XCF's that are green sticker in Cali. Anyhow, I'm having him transport it to California. Are the California 250 XCF's different from the other states to get the ok on the green sticker? I think some company's jet their bikes leaner or put in a different cam sometimes for California compliance. Anyone know if the 07 XCF or XCF-W is the same in every state?

And is it a hassle to register an out of state bike for a green sticker in Cali? Thanks ahead.

It will be the same bike throughout the US. No 49 state model. Green sticker will be no problem.

What is the OTD price for your new 250 XCF? I'm hoping it is close to the Yamaha WR250.

Won't even be close...KTMs are hard to get, these models in very high demand, very few KTM dealerships (compared to Yamaha)...Going to have to want that KTM and going to have to pay, estimate $1,000 to 2,000 more otd.

Wishful thinking on my part but your answer will probably be accurate. I'm going to wait for the reviews to decide whether the KTM is worth the extra 1-2000 OTD. Anyway, thanks for the response.

What is the OTD price for your new 250 XCF? I'm hoping it is close to the Yamaha WR250.

I paid $6778 out the door, that's with tax, title and plates for my xcf-w. I don't think that's $1000 - 2000 higher than a WR.

Mine arrived today and is $7147 with all set up. It's not marked up at all.

Many KTM dealers are actually good businessmen and believe in keeping their customers happy. That leads to repeat buyers!

But as I pointed out elsewhere on this site, there's NO SPARK ARRESTER, so I will pay some additional amount to make it legal in the woods.

Wishful thinking on my part but your answer will probably be accurate. I'm going to wait for the reviews to decide whether the KTM is worth the extra 1-2000 OTD. Anyway, thanks for the response.

If you wait too long they'll all be gone...KTM isn't bringing that many in this year.

Danceswithtrees - Please keep us informed with your new KTM. I really would like to know how your new KTM performs in comparison to the CRF 250 you sold. Comments also appreciated from others who has ridden both CRF and XCF 250. Thanks.