TT Ride at Walnut Reminder

Just wanted to remind everyone to keep September 10th open for the Thumper Talk ride at Sunset Ridge (Walnut). If the shootout at BR on Auguest 19th goes well maybe we can have a redo on this date. Just a thought.

I am there for sure!

I need directions from NW Indiana though, hehehe.

I'm betting you take 80 west into Ottawa so just stay on there until the first Princeton exit (roughly 45min - 1 hour).

Take a right off the exit ramp.

Follow this road until you go past a cemetery on your right and then take the first road on your left (there's a house there)

Follow this road for roughly 5 miles (?) until you get to a stop sign.

At the stop sign, take a left then immediately turn onto the first road on your RIGHT.

Follow that for a few miles, come to a stop sign.

Go straight and up and over a small hill where you'll come to another stop sign at the bottom.

Turn right and the track will be on your right approximately 1/2 mile up the road.

These are all back country roads so if you feel like you're in the middle of nowhere, it's because you are ?

I'm betting you take 80 west into Ottawa so just stay on there until the first Princeton exit (roughly 45min - 1 hour).

Take a right off the exit ramp.

Follow this road until you go past a cemetery on your right and then take the first road on your left (there's a house there)

Follow this road for roughly 5 miles (?) until you get to a stop sign.

At the stop sign, take a left then immediately turn onto the first road on your left.

Go straight and up and over a small hill where you'll come to another stop sign at the bottom.

Turn right and the track will be on your right approximately 1/2 mile up the road.

These are all back country roads so if you feel like you're in the middle of nowhere, it's because you are :ride:

Sweet! Thanks Matt!

I am gonna watch the deliverance the night before just in case, hehe ?

Sounds like a nice Sunday drive. I have a 06 400SM, and have never been to a TT meet. Is this for Motor X'ers only, or will there be a trail ride of some sorts. Either way it would ok to check out. Hope to make it

Sounds like a nice Sunday drive. I have a 06 400SM, and have never been to a TT meet. Is this for Motor X'ers only, or will there be a trail ride of some sorts. Either way it would ok to check out. Hope to make it

This would be a track thing but you are welcome! It will be a good time!

One BIG correction to Matt's post:

At the stop sign, take a left then immediately turn onto the first road on your left.

Should be, "at the stop sign, take a left then immediately turn RIGHT onto the first road on your RIGHT." :ride:

And a couple more additions for the direction nerds like me:

Princeton is exit 56 on I-80 (Highway 26), so you can count down the miles. So about 30 minutes past Ottawa.

The road is marked 2400, but yeah, the cemetery is the key!

First stop sign is 1200, second is 1100, which is the track road (turn right). They are both marked. You can see the track on the right once you go through the first stop sign, too. ?

One BIG correction to Matt's post:

Should be, "at the stop sign, take a left then immediately turn RIGHT onto the first road on your RIGHT." :applause:

And a couple more additions for the direction nerds like me:

Princeton is exit 56 on I-80 (Highway 26), so you can count down the miles. So about 30 minutes past Ottawa.

The road is marked 2400, but yeah, the cemetery is the key!

First stop sign is 1200, second is 1100, which is the track road (turn right). They are both marked. You can see the track on the right once you go through the first stop sign, too. :applause:

Awesome, hehe!

Nobody delete this post!! :ride:

?

And damnit, I would really love to go to the TT ride at Walnut, but I'm planning on racing Joliet's motocross race on the 10th. Doh!! :ride:

Well that sucks! We will have to have another one later in the fall! :applause:

Thanks for the direction info. though!

?

And damnit, I would really love to go to the TT ride at Walnut, but I'm planning on racing Joliet's motocross race on the 10th. Doh!! :ride:

That's what I'm sayin, a lot of people race on Sunday. Maybe more people would show up if it was on a Saturday. ?

Yeah, all MX since there are no trails there.

A bunch of us are meeting up at Buffalo Range August 19th though if you would like to come. Trails and tracks there ?