Sign in to follow this  

Question for racers who have had fractured ankle

Have any of you guys fractured an ankle, not bad enough for surgery or a cast, but had to immobolize it? How long did it take to get back on the bike after the break?

Have any of you guys fractured an ankle, not bad enough for surgery or a cast, but had to immobolize it? How long did it take to get back on the bike after the break?

For me it was 2-3 weeks before walking again without a limp and 4-5 before riding. It will vary depending on the severity. Jut remember though, if you start riding too soon you increase your chances for doing more damage that will keep you out even longer

Broke 2 bones in my ankle 4 weeks ago, go back to the doctor in 3 weeks, been in a cast the whole time.

Do not go back to soon with an ankle injury because your ankles take way to much abuse in riding. When i broke my ankel i think i was in a cast for 4 weeks they cut that one off and i was in for another 4 weeks in a different one. I didnt own a bike yet when i did this but your ankle will never be the same.

fractured my ankle and had to take 3 weeks off about 2 weeks of no walking and then 3 for ridding