Broken Baja taillight

Have anyone a solution to fix my baja taillight.

I have used it maybe 2 month when 2 of the leds for the plate start to flash when I turn the ignition on, now only 1 of them work.

It´s probebly a cold solder, but it seems to be very well glued together, so how do I get it apart.

Baja1.JPG

I had to take mine apart to repair a broken resistor. I played hell getting the back off and almost destroyed the thing. I used a razor blade and a small screw driver. The light does not want to come apart.

Thanks, I´ll try that ?

Did you use some heat or solvent on it?

Did you try and call BD? If you have only had it two months, they might replace it for you. It couldn't hurt to ask.

BD won´t replace it, I have alredy asked them.

I haved it silliconed before I installed it.

I´ll try to bend it up and fix it for now, I replace the taillight in the winter to Edge 2 or whatever the name is and hope for better quality ?

I had to open mine last winter to fix it due to wires pulled when doing silicone sealing to install on sled.

I used heat-dont do it too

use a cutting disc for a dremel tool. Cut open only the back (grey plastic) not the clear part. To reassemble, wrap a layer of tape around the light to form a dish/mold and thin strips to plug the cut lines. Fill in with epoxy just enough to form a continuous sheet over the back of the light. After it cures/hardens, trim and sand to shape.

Definitely there is issues with this taillight it will fall apart inside from vibrations and it even might get mud/water inside. It is just a question of time before it will stop working.

Mine is rattling inside the lens and ONLY the brake light works, the 3 white LEDs are not working eather.

Take a look on some other taillights- they might be better (quality wise)

I really like the light and dont see a problem with the ass'y or qc. I damaged mine through ignorance and brutality, no fault of bd.

The grommet going into the back needs to be gooped with silicone. I was trying to do a neat job by removing the grommet and siliconing the inside and then embedding the grommet into the still-wet silicone to hide the fix but I pulledone of the diodes off the circuit board. I soldered a new one in no probs. The light may rattle (mine doesnt) but if so, remove the grommet (more gently than I did), squeeze in some silicone and reassemble, the silicone will keep things from moving.