How loud is the stock pipe without the baffle+which pipe thread again

Ok I want to know the Decibel level of the stock pipe without the baffle so I have an idea how loud some of the after market pipes would be, Im looking at the WB E2 with WB header pipe, or a FMF power core or factory 4 anyone know how loud these are compared to stock?

I took both the baffle and the screen out of my stock pipe and it is considerably louder. I do notice a little more power. I don’t know the exact decibels, but I doubt it is legal.

I also did the air box mod at the same time and now I am going to have to rejet the bike.

ok I checked the FMF site and the power core is rated less then 100 decibels so it's about as loud as the stock pipe with out the baffle, so I think Im going to get the power core, its cheap, titanium(light),not louder then what my pipe is not, and suppose to give a very nice power increase. ?

I do not care what the site told you but a Powercore will easily exceed 100db.

You may get that if you put in the Quiet Core Insert, but not without it.

Do us all a favor and if you want FMF get a Q Pipe, you will really be happy with that. Loud does not equal Power.

For one thing calm down, second of all I never said anything about loud being more power Im just saying what the website said, also the titanium power core 4 is cheaper then the Q and E2 also I plan on buying the Quiet core insert

I race my 04 X with the stock pipe w/o the baffle and compared to other Xs using the FMF Q muffler, I would guess mine is 2 to 3 DB louder (98-99db), but mine will usually smoke theirs in a drag race to the next corner. Quiet is nice at times, but the fact is MORE FLOW EQUALS MORE GO. Most of the other aftermarket systems stiffle the power if you put in their quiet inserts, and without the inserts, they are louder than the stock piece opened-up. Also consider that while titanium is very lite, it also tends to be soft when hot (like the X's intake valves) and can be damaged if you drop the bike hard on the right side. The stock stainless piece is tough as a boulder. The cost of these aftermarket systems is tuff to swallow also. I've seen the adds for the FMF PowerCore4---my guess is that it's a fairly loud slip-on intended for the R model and MX tracks and the 96db insert would kill it power-wise.

Roger M---race eastern hare scrambles

I just installed the Dr. D full exhaust system. It gave the bike the sound I was looking for. A nice, deep throaty tone, and not overbearingly loud. It also really woke the bike up. I'm very happy with my decision.