Sign in to follow this  

Remember I was asking for free dirt last week? Here's what I made

Well....I couldn't get any "free" dirt in time to rebuild my backyard track this past weekend. I ended up getting 20 cu yards of dirt delivered and had a bobcat for the weekend. This all started when I bought a swingset/playset 4 weeks ago and realized that the backyard had to be re-engineered to make it work. After a lot of brush clearing, dirt moving, ground leveling, and jump building, we have a really cool park-like area where the swing set is......and a kickass little mini track.

Luckily, my neighbor is a MX addict. He was out there the whole weekend helping drive the bobcat and testing out the jumps on his new 2 stroke yz 250. Here are some pics:

This is the little "triple" takeoff that we put in so we have a jump for the big bikes when we get the urge.....It's about 30'. It took my 7 yr old son about 10 mins to clear it. So much for the big bike theory. The playset is in the background:

Tripletakeoff1.JPG

Here is the landing (on the left is a little takeoff to jump across the backside):

triplelanding1.JPG

From the left side of the landing....

tripleback1.JPG

my son hitting a new table:

tabletakeoff1.JPG

same table from the front...son hot dogging for the camera:

Tableonefooter1.JPG

My son hitting the triple....7 yr old on a klx 110

Matttriple1.JPG

Double looking out to a big wide sweeper around the trees:

double1.JPG

Hitting the double:

Mattdouble1.JPG

Same double doing a no-footer:

doublenofooter1.JPG

OK, so when's the first Langtown event?

And were you able to find free dirt or did you have to pay for it?

HuskyRips

P.S. I'll bring the beer.

I had to buy the dirt. It was just over 350.00 worth....two and 1/2 dump trucks. I'm going to put grass seed down so it stays around.

You really think your kid is gonna play on the swings now that he has a track in his back yard.. lol

I wouldn't lol

looks like a good time. Wish I had room for even one jump in my yard! Looks like he is going to be a great rider.

junior

I'm going to put grass seed down so it stays around.
After rutting out the take off ramp to his 40' double, my friend put an old snowmobile track on it and it's been good ever since. :thumbsup:

look at matt go! that's awesome. i saw you out in the bobcat sunday and was obnoxiously honking as i rode by. chatsworth this weekend?

look at matt go! that's awesome. i saw you out in the bobcat sunday and was obnoxiously honking as i rode by. chatsworth this weekend?

Haha....I didn't hear because that bobcat is obnoxiously loud too. My wife and the kids are going to FL for 2 and 1/2 weeks on Sun morn. I have to play Sat night, but I'll be at chats sometime sunday...and then mon, tues, wed, thurs,fri,sat, etc.... :thumbsup: Lets hook up and ride...I owe you some roost. You should have stopped and hit our triple...it throws you way up. We were having a ball when we finished sun afternoon. I was flying over it on the 110....but Matt was going further

After rutting out the take off ramp to his 40' double, my friend put an old snowmobile track on it and it's been good ever since. :thumbsup:

Good idea.....I have some outdoor rubber mats...kinda like mehcanics mats that have hundreds of drainage holes in them....they would probably do the trick

flying', if you can get your hands on conveyor belt from a sand-silting machine that would work real good, that shit is way thick and heavy and will hold a jump up probably better then anything, other then a snowmobile track