Sign in to follow this  

what ara ya running for tires?

iam do for a new rear tire on my 06,the front is a pos,so iam gonna do the pair.whats the best way to go?i havent had to buy new motocross tires in yrs.All i know is the front oem tire is crap .

mainly trail riding so a good all around tire.price no matter.

kendas?dunlops?

It totally depends on the type of soil you mainly ride on. If it is mostly soft loam, sand or mud the Michelin MS3 is a great, long lasting tire. If it leans toward rocky or hard pack try the MH3.

Personally, I run the Dunlop 756 front and back for the intermediate type of soil I ride on. These tires don't last as long as the Michelin's but they hook-up better when they are new.

Starcross rear and S12 front right now. Have a set of Bridgestone M401 and 402, 120 rear/ 90 front, waiting to try out next. For a decent, but cheap, super long lasting rear check out the Maxxis Maxxcross IT.

Still looking for some opinion's, input on the Bridgestone 401 & 402

Anyone.......Beuler......Beuler......

theDogger

I don't like my 201/202 set as much as I liked the Maxxis IT rear SI front combo. :thumbsup::ride:

Still looking for some opinion's, input on the Bridgestone 401 & 402

Anyone.......Beuler......Beuler......

theDogger

i like mine.....the front is far superior to the maxxis IT i had on before it. and the rear hooks up "too" good because i'm getting a lot more arm pump than i did with my old set because i'm not spinning out all the damn time.

Yeah, like said before, depends on your terrain but I fell in love with the rear Maxxis IT and feel it's an all around good long lasting tire although I do like the Dunlop 756 for the front.

I put on Dunlop 756's and really like the front. The rear is good too but I would like more wear resistance.

Try a Dunlop they are popular,I would suggest an intermediate tire.It depends on how you ride.Every one will wear a tire different find one you like.I'm always trying somthing new.

I only trail ride & I use the Dunlop 952 120 90-19 outback. It seems to last longer than the 756 when ride mexico. Like someone said already it depends on what terrain you ride.

Maxxis is a great tire for trail riding ...also check out the Kenda tires they are great wearing tires as well....Dunlop's wear really fast on a 450 so get a harder compound if you have to use them....Mich are great but spendy...I run the Carlsbads and they work great for all around terrain.

Dunlop 756 front and rear work excellent in just about every terrain I have encountered except for mud... I ride desert, MX and woods, and run 756's front and rear on my 450 and my 250 2-smoker. The rear doesnt last too long in the desert, but nothing really seems to - I am always more concerned with how well a tire gets traction when turning hard - really laying the bike over, and I havnt found anything that hooks up as good as a 756! Plus, you can get 'em pretty cheap here:

http://www.ridenowonline.com/product_detail.aspx?item_guid=050309e9-e361-4a12-ab4a-90b4fe0bdb19

Until they stop selling these so cheap, I wont buy anything else!

I've got Dunlop 952s on mine now, threw the 742 front out last night. The 952s grip great in intermediate to hard terrain, and the 952 rear is wearing great too. 18 races, most have concrete starts, and the edge just shows slight (very slight) rounding when I got home Sunday. Around here, the pair goes for under $100. A winner by my estimation. :thumbsup:

iam do for a new rear tire on my 06,the front is a pos,so iam gonna do the pair.whats the best way to go?i havent had to buy new motocross tires in yrs.All i know is the front oem tire is crap .

mainly trail riding so a good all around tire.price no matter.

kendas?dunlops?

I'd go with the Kendas. Good tires and you can't beat the price. In B.C., I'd look at the Kenda Millville tire.

I ride Socal desert and ran the MS3s on both my 450 and 250 smoker for the last year. I recently switched to 952s front and rear and they are wearing great and bite good in the corners. I ran Maxxis ITs which last long but don't hang in the corners as well.