Sign in to follow this  

z50's

i was thinking about buying my friends old honda z50r not sure of the year but i was wondering if any company makes higher bars and other aftermarket parts for them like with crf50's.

edit- heres a link to a ebay auction for one but its not the one im buyin im just showing what it looks liike http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992-honda-Z50-z-50-mini-trail-motorcycle-pit-bike_W0QQitemZ300013999510QQihZ020QQcategoryZ6708QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There are plenty of aftermarket companies. If you want taller bars, take the bar mounts off of a 1979 model Z50R and put some BMX bars on it. Throw on longer cables and you're all set.

I think so. There are 12 tooth sprocket available whereas 13 is the lowest they go on CRF50s. And they have 8 inch wheels not 10 so it should be even easier to get the front up. I don't actually know how well they wheelie. I ride trails and streets on my Z50R so I stay away from wheelies. But they are sure fun on a bicycle!

Well Justin, I've seen bars on fast50s HERE, theres a bunch to choose from. As for aftermarket companies some of the best are:CLASSIC HONDA

HONDA TRAIL BIKES

There are a bunch more if you look, but these everyone knows. By the way, if you look at my bike (click the sig) all of theose parts have come fro these websites. And reguarding wheelies, yeah they wheelie pretty good. I used to have no problem poppin the front wheel up, but now because of my longer swingarm, it's a lot tougher.

the z's to tend to have the front end come up alot easier but with the short wheel base it is a little twitchy.

There are plenty of aftermarket companies. If you want taller bars, take the bar mounts off of a 1979 model Z50R and put some BMX bars on it. Throw on longer cables and you're all set.

BMX bars do you mean like bbr's bmx bars or bars of my bmx bike? :thumbsup:

Either or. The bicycle ones are probably weaker though so keep that in mind.