Sign in to follow this  

Randsburg General Store has New Owners!!

FYI, the Randsburg General store has been sold! New owners have taken over and it looks like a big improvement. Here's hoping to never see the store closed due to an emotional breakdown by the owners ever again!

The first thing the new owner did was to take down the "Miners Union" sign and expose the old "general store" sign.

:thumbsup:

I was there a 3 weeks after they changed ownership and the new owners are very nice people. they are still on a learning curve but again the woman I believe her name is pam is very very nice. they have done some very good changes to the place.

I'll see it Saturday as well. This will be my first time going to Randsburg. So was the place turning into a dump before or what?

It isn't so bad, but it looks like a white trash mining town out of Deliverence. All 5 residents have about 10 teeth collectively left in their mouths. The ride there is nice if you take the mountain way. Last time we were there it was so hot 108 that we took the hilly/mountain way there and the nice dirt road back.

I'll see it Saturday as well. This will be my first time going to Randsburg. So was the place turning into a dump before or what?

not turning to a dump it is a old mining town so it is not the best looking place. but I think the change is what did it makes things look newer more hours and better menu I think. it looked old but now a little freshened up I guess.

........and remember to tell everyone you know to slow the f**k down in and out of Randsburg on the street so the Sheriff doesn't f**k with the rest of us. Last time I was there I almost took some ********* of his bike with a fence post he was going so fast. I should have chased him over the hill and kicked him over a cliff!

THE STREET IS NOT PART OF A GP COURSE !!

Some guys just need it between the teeth to fully understand.....

Thanks for the update.

Any word on whats going on with the silver dollar??

Silver Dollar is open too. At least it was about 2 months ago... I had a beer there after we got gas at the Texaco. Miss Kitty was there too (o )( o) :thumbsup:

That's some good news. Now if they can bring the price of stuff below a 5 star resort they might get a lot more business.

Silver Dollar is open too. At least it was about 2 months ago... I had a beer there after we got gas at the Texaco. Miss Kitty was there too (o )( o) :thumbsup:

Uhmm....no it isn't.

It isn't so bad, but it looks like a white trash mining town out of Deliverence. All 5 residents have about 10 teeth collectively left in their mouths. The ride there is nice if you take the mountain way. Last time we were there it was so hot 108 that we took the hilly/mountain way there and the nice dirt road back.

The last two times I was there I took the main dirt road to the powerlines and then followed them to the frontage road along 395. I would guess we entered from the north (didn't get a chance to count any teeth!)

Regarding the "mountain way", if I was coming in from the south (Cal City), how would I find the path? It is terriby difficult? Should I look for the towers and ride towards them?

When you're in Randsburg look to the West for Government Peak with all the antenni. Climb up to the peak & look around. You'll see trails for miles & miles. Follow the ridge trail West & catch a connector South & it'll keep you headed for Cal City. Drop off to the North side & you'll get trapped between the Tortoise farm & Garlock.You'll have to follow the RR tracks all the way to Neuralia Street (Cantil) & then South to Cal City. Stay out of the little NASA launch area South of Koehn Lake (sp?) or you'll get a fat ticket :thumbsup:

Bit by bit the area is getting restricted. Our local sheriff weekend volunteers are given quads & dual sports to patrol between Dove Springs & Cal City so watch out! :ride:

Thanks for the update.

Any word on whats going on with the silver dollar??

No news yet about the Silver Dollar. I haven't been by there for a while, been too busy riding in KM for the last month.

Uhmm....no it isn't.

Well thats strange because I was there and it was open. The only thing that I can think of is that maybe it was just open for a special event or something but it pretty much looked like business as usual.

Hahaha

Im curious to see what the store is like now. I always liked it, but the people working there (owners maybe?) always seemed a little odd and I wasnt sure if I wanted them cooking my food.

Went to Randsburg on Saturday and ate at the "Saloon", I forget what its actually called. Some grumpy ass served us from the bar, good food, good atmosphere. The town is very cool, just like I pictured it. Thanks to 1Hondlover for showing me and my buddy the way there. We hit some pretty technical rock climbing sections on the way there through the mountains which was a lot of fun. We took the smooth road back to Cal City. I hit the ground pretty hard earlier that day and smashed my left big toe(nail is still holding on :ride:), and smacked my left leg and ankle and it was starting to kill by the time we reached Randsburg, so the smooth road back was fine with me, hehe.

So, now I know the path to Randsburg, thanks again 1Hondalover! You are also one of the fastest mofo's out there. :thumbsup:

"WHitehouse Saloon" yup the guy is one hell of a grumpy MF'er...you should have ordered a grilled cheese.

"WHitehouse Saloon" yup the guy is one hell of a grumpy MF'er...you should have ordered a grilled cheese.

Most definetely....next time order the grilled cheese. I can get you a coupon if you want.