Sign in to follow this  

so who is joining mototown USA?

If your already a member and rode the tracks.... lets us know how it is....

$150 a month is out of control for a track membership indoors or or not. That place looks cool and I would love to be able to take some rides up from NJ for some day or weekend trips however the place is member only. At that price no one I know would even think about it. Ill be suprised if they can pull enough members at that price to stay in business. Doesnt make sense to me to not allow day passes...this is supposed to be a motocross facility not a country club.

$150 a month is out of control for a track membership indoors or or not. That place looks cool and I would love to be able to take some rides up from NJ for some day or weekend trips however the place is member only. At that price no one I know would even think about it. Ill be suprised if they can pull enough members at that price to stay in business. Doesnt make sense to me to not allow day passes...this is supposed to be a motocross facility not a country club.

I disagree, if it was a little closer I would fork over the money to join. With the current state of riding in NJ it would be worth it to have a place that is open all year and is protected from the weather. Most places are $30 -$50 for a day pass, if you go 1 -2 times a week you could easily justify the money.

The other thing that has me thinking about joining is the possibility of riding 12 months out of the year instead of 8. I don t know about you but it takes me a few rides to get the rust off after a winter on no riding. This way , you could still be practicing and getting better all year long.

$150.00 a month to ride all year long...No rain Days....No Snow Days...Not too hot....Not too cold...I live 10 minutes away....HMMMM...I think I am in.

Actually going to look at it tomorrow to see how well the track has come along. I have been told it is very tight and technical. Also was told there are going to be many accidents if they allow different levels of riders on at the same time. I'll keep ya posted...

3 1/2 hours away from me. Dammit, I wish I lived in Connecticut right about now.

X-Arena in Trenton, NJ is opening soon, too. 45 minute drive for me. Not quite as big as Mototown, but larger than typical Arenacross places. Unfortunately they're $1800 just for a Monday-Friday season pass. $2200 for "guaranteed riding" every day of the week, including weekends.

These kinds of places are worth it for those that ride 3 or 4 times a week, consistently. I, however, have ridden about 6 times total, ALL YEAR. :thumbsup:

For those of you who join Mototown...have fun, ya lucky bastids. :ride:

ya...i agree...i wish i lived in connecticut right now ... :thumbsup:

went there 2 days ago with my buddy its a amazing facilty there 3 tracks sand track SX track and pee wee track the sx track looks tough very hard pack. the other acomdations look awesome a Gold's Gym, Dunkin doghnuts and much more the place is huge and is cool (temprature) inside, there is a Outdoor track that is longer then southwick but is only open to pro's.

3 1/2 hours away from me. Dammit, I wish I lived in Connecticut right about now.

X-Arena in Trenton, NJ is opening soon, too. 45 minute drive for me. Not quite as big as Mototown, but larger than typical Arenacross places. Unfortunately they're $1800 just for a Monday-Friday season pass. $2200 for "guaranteed riding" every day of the week, including weekends.

These kinds of places are worth it for those that ride 3 or 4 times a week, consistently. I, however, have ridden about 6 times total, ALL YEAR. :thumbsup:

Is the X-arena facility finally built. I heard about it for a long time then nothing?

Is the X-arena facility finally built. I heard about it for a long time then nothing?
June 7, 2006

XArena Motor Sports is excited to announce that we are now accepting annual membership applications. This is a pre-opening membership that will guarantee your acceptance to the use of the facility for motoross/supercross practice and racing. There are a limited number of memberships being offered to the general public. Once the membership quantity has been met, it will no longer be available for the first year the arena is open. However, your application will be added to a waiting list. Listed below are the different levels of membership which are being offered.

Bronze Level Membership offered at $ 1,800.00 for the first full year of operation. Maximum of 100 applicants.

Membership level includes open practice on Monday thru Friday during opening hours.

Silver Level Membership offered at $ 2,000.00 for the first year of operation. Maximum of 100 applicants.

Same as the Bronze Level Membership with the addition of weekend practicing provided the arena is not fully booked with daily weekend practice riders.

Gold Level Membership offered at $ 2,200.00 for the first year of operation. Maximum of 200 applicants.

Same as the Silver Level Membership with the exception of weekend practicing being guaranteed regardless of daily weekend practice riders.

The only exception for a member not being permitted to using of the XArena facility for practice is when a race or other events are scheduled to take place in the arena. The application for membership will be available on this web site within the next ten days of this news announcement. At the time of application, we will not request any deposits or payments. By completing the application, you are committing to XArena that you will honor the application and fulfill the fee commitment for membership. The XArena will seek to collect the membership fee from the applicant two months prior to the Grand opening. If you should have any questions, please feel free to email us thru the Contact icon located on this web site.

In advance, the XArena would like to thank you for your continued support and interest in this exciting facility.

X-Arena Site

:thumbsup:

Edit- Peck, how the heck do they have an outdoor track larger than Southwick?! The building's huge, but maybe the pictures don't do it justice? I didn't think it was THAT big. Now I wish I lived near there THAT much more! :ride:

The X-Arena BS has been going on for about 8 years now. To my knowledge they still havent broken any ground yet. Do you really think they are gonna beable to get insurance and all the other stuff they need to get the place open when we cant even keep tracks we ALREADY HAVE open. I wont beleive it till i see the building with bikes riding inside. :thumbsup:

The X-Arena BS has been going on for about 8 years now. To my knowledge they still havent broken any ground yet. Do you really think they are gonna beable to get insurance and all the other stuff they need to get the place open when we cant even keep tracks we ALREADY HAVE open. I wont beleive it till i see the building with bikes riding inside. :applause:

The website sat idle with no updates for about a year, then this past spring they started updating the site. June 7th was the last update. Have you driven by the XArena location? There's no address on the website. :thumbsup:

I know this has been an on-going ordeal, but why would they start accepting pre-entries for membership for this fall, if they haven't even broken any ground?

And there was another place in NJ, too, right? "Xtreme Habitat" or something like that? Had nothing to do with XArena...but what's the update on that one too?

Doesn't really matter to me though. Both Mototown and XArena's prices are too steep for me. I don't ride enough for it to pay itself off. :ride:

x-arena is in a ghetto...they'll never open

the guy who supposedly owns it, or is trying to start it is retarded (if this dude really was the guy) i exchanged about 20 emails with him regarding trading his bike for my old rm125, if you saw the convo you'd shake your head

moto-town sounds nice but it'd cost me 150 just to drive there:(

it'd be worth it to a serious racer

i need more coin so i can join:D

the track is built, but the outdoor track is enormous as it looks i diddnt walk it tho.