Sign in to follow this  

Hey Minnesota MX'ers?

I'm thinking of taking an end of summer road trip for a couple days of riding (from Milwaukee area). How are Hurricane Hills, and MeadowValley? Are they outdoor style? I'm a 32yr. old VetB rider, who prefers to only spectate the supercross style tracks. Large jumps are fine, as long as the track is still ridable if your not doing them...

Are there any tracks to avoid around there, any must do, etc?

Also, and must see places / things to do in that part of the state?

Thanks for any advice.

John :thumbsup:

Hey, I just moved from MN to IL, so I should be able to give you are pretty good perspective

Hurricane Hill: Hit or miss as far as grooming goes. Fun, good flowing track, nothing supercross style. Gets a good amount of blue groove, all table top landings, nothing dangerous.

Meadow Valley: Always groomed perfect! The faces of the jumps are a little steeper than some, but all have a table top landing, very fun. It is the track that I miss the most. Plus it's about 1 mile from Spring Creek (Millville).

Spring Creek: Definitely try to go there on a weekend that they have an open ride. Typically, they have an open practice the saturday before the sunday race. (www.springcreekmx.com)

Midway MX: I think it's around Kellogg, MN. Been there once, it gets pretty hard. Similar to Hurricane hills. They have the "dirty dozen", their trademark whoops!

Check out www.motocrosstracks.com for tracks in any state.

-WFO