Sign in to follow this  

cr250+xr250+tuning=cr/xr379!!

Hi there, Great website, thought I would post some pics of my new toy.

it's a 92 cr250 chassis with Ohlins rear shock and WP front end. The motor has been over bored and stroked [believe to be 379 cc] big valved, lumpy cam, big bore exhaust front pipes and a massive khein flat slide carb.

Apparently 3 of these were built, the head is supposed to be based on a Tony Scott (HRC) design. It raced Enduro's with considerabe sucess in the UK in the mid 90's

Anyone seen these before? goes well enough, motor feels like a revvy xr400, nice light chassis though.

Would appreciate your comments.

Thanks

Dave

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c281/davyq/7deda0c8.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c281/davyq/IMG_0524.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c281/davyq/IMG_0525.jpg

I'll post some photo's without the plastics on this weekend, after i've been out on the tracks and cleaned it.

Apparently there were 3 of these built in the uk, I think the max you can bore the 250 out to is 300, but then if you stroke the crank you can increase the displacement further, I'm sure i'm on the right site for more info, seems to be plenty of xr experts here.

It's a really tidy job, all the brackets and welding have been really well done, even been rigged with lights for the road.

Dave

I want to see some close ups of the oil coolers or whatever it is they have in the shrouds.

Now THAT is awesome!!!!!!!

HMMMMM... I wonder how much modding was needed to fit the motor in there??? It wouldn't be hard to come up with an old CR chasis.... Any idea what it took to get it in there????

I want to see some close ups of the oil coolers or whatever it is they have in the shrouds.

I bet the stock radiators that are now emopty... To keep the shrouds 3rd mounting spot...

Now THAT is awesome!!!!!!!

HMMMMM... I wonder how much modding was needed to fit the motor in there??? It wouldn't be hard to come up with an old CR chasis.... Any idea what it took to get it in there????

I bet the stock radiators that are now emopty... To keep the shrouds 3rd mounting spot...

There is a 1989 issue of Dirt Rider magazine with a similar conversion, if not better. It will tell you in pretty good detail of whant was required to mate the XR frame cradle to the CR (125) chassis.

There is a 1989 issue of Dirt Rider magazine with a similar conversion, if not better. It will tell you in pretty good detail of whant was required to mate the XR frame cradle to the CR (125) chassis.
I have that issue at home :thumbsup:. I'm hoping do something similar just as soon as I can find a decent CR chassis. I hate to tear apart a working bike, but with the luck I'm having in finding a roller I may just have to buy a whole bike and sell off the motor.

I'll get some detailed shots this weekend. The engine is mounted using some nice alloy brackets.

There are 2 oil coolers mounted where the rads used to be.

Can't wait to get back out on the tracks with it, will get the pics sorted for you all afterwards (assuming i don't break it!)