Sign in to follow this  

2006/07 Kawasaki klx 250x California Legal?

I have tried to contact Kawasaki Co. regarding the California exclusion with the KLX 250s model and have got no real answer as to if and when they will attempt to certify this model in California. I have no interest in the 650 model and the 250 Husky is way to tall for me so that is out of the question. It is my understanding that you can not even purchase on out of state and re register it in CA.

I had even thought of having a CA dealer purchase one and try to green sticker it (just a thought) but was told by the local dealer that the will not even ship this model to CA.

Some additional research I did was on the California Air Resources Board (CARB) web site to see even if that model was in the approval process and only found approval for a 2005 KL250 model (Executive order: M-001-0401) that was approved in March of 04.

Anyone got any info regarding this, because Kawasaki does not have the answers.

That blow's,I was interested in buying one too.You might try cycle trader for a used one.I've seen them come up resently.

Some say you can still put a plate on a dirt bike in CA if that is what you want. I have also heard bikes can be lowered easily.

SF bay area - PM me if you are near.

Street plating a dirt bike in California can be done if you have the proper vin sequence/year ect, but what I was after was a 250 "out of the box" street legal off road bike.

To me it just does not make good business sense to offer a bike for sale in the other 49 states and not make it avalible in California.

Hmmm, has all the smog stuff on it, catylitic converter in the exhaust, can't believe this thing isn't CA legal. Would have given you a great price on mine with less than 500 miles and all the mods done to it already......TW

Friend of mine who works at Kawi told me yesterday about this model, guess he did not know it would not be available in cali.

ooops