Sign in to follow this  

Pingree as commentator

I think David Pingree is doing a great job with commentating on OLN, he comes up with some of the craziest stuff, like when Shorts bike gave out in Colorado, Pingree said "Shorty is a nice guy but you can bet under that helmet he is swearing like George Bush at a U.N. convetion with an open mike" I laughed my butt off! He is the right guy for the job.. :thumbsup:

couldn't agree more. He knows the sport like only a former top tier pro can and has a wicked sense of humor, what more could you want in a commentator?

I like Ping as a TV commentator, I like his writing, and I like him on DMXS radio. But that that fugger is a dirty pit bike racer and has a bad gas problem!

He talked about eating asparagus changing the smell of his pee. That was weird. True but weird.

I think Pingree is doing a very good job, I agree. On another note ProMed, that is a wonderful avatar.

Ping rocks.

"After Southwick my back had more knots in it than a boyscout handbook"

:thumbsup:

Pingree is the first commentator since Bailey that knows what he's talking about and actually knows how to speak.

He's great, but some of his jokes come off as a little too scripted. It's definately nice to hear commentary from someone who knows what he's talking about.

Very true. I like what he says. And he definitly knows what he is talking about. The other guy needs to just shut up though. Why cant they get two former pros to commentate?

The other guy needs to just shut up though. Why cant they get two former pros to commentate?

I'm glad someone else beside me feels this way. The guy obviously knows very little about motocross. Hell, even Erin Bates knows more... I feel like I'm gonna fall asleep listening to his voice. Why can't they find a co-commentator that has a little more enthusiasm in his voice -- maybe like the guys doing the Canadian Motocross series but toned down just a tad.

On a different note concerning Pingree. My buddies and I met Pingree at one of our local So. Cal tracks... not a very approachable guy and a little on the arrogant side. Hopefully it was just because he was having a bad day and not because he's always an a-hole.

Lastly -- BRING BACK JAMIE LITTLE!!!!! I miss looking at her.

I also like listening to Ping but have to disagree with the Jamie Little thing. Erin Bates is easier on the eyes and seems more knowledgeable.

Erin Bates indeed is on the eyes. But her voice...good night...she should have it surgically altered...when she tries to get the SX crowd up and starts to screech...its like a holesaw going through my head!

Those guys that do the Canadian Nat's ROCK! They are having fun watching the races, they know what the hell thier talking about and obviously dig energy drinks. I saw first one of those Canadian rounds and recorded every single one just so I wouldnt miss one. Watching Klatt and Roy go for it was great. It was an eye opener seeing Klatt get his ass handed to him in an American National (SX?) though...(bit of small pond syndrom I think)