Sign in to follow this  

gaerne sg10 junk? help

I am about to purchase the 2006 black boots with the silver diamond tongue. Are they really junk compared to the 2005 black tongued boots? I did a search and kept hearing about the silver part rubbing off and exposing a yellow color underneath the buckle on their very first use? Are they all like that or is it just a bad batch. If thats the case Ill just buy the black black ones? Any help before I buy tomorrow would be great.

The silver does come off but there are much more important things that you should be worrying about. Such as comfort, safety, overall construction.

The SG10's weren't called the "Ferrari of MX boots" for no reason.

BTW - You should be ashamed of yourself for using the words SG10 and junk in the same sentence. :thumbsup:

i have a few rides on my 06's and they still look great even after a few trips through my pressure washer

Thats right Von Beard, they are awesome boots. My SG10's are white though and i love them.

So the tongues do rub off I just might get the black tongues. I just dont want then to look like junk. I am completely sold on them for the comfort and safety aspenct. The alpinestar is waht I always wear on my street bikes but NONE of their product line fit me well. They all pinched my heel. How badly do they rub off? Is is a tear in the tongue?

So the tongues do rub off I just might get the black tongues. I just dont want then to look like junk. I am completely sold on them for the comfort and safety aspenct. The alpinestar is waht I always wear on my street bikes but NONE of their product line fit me well. They all pinched my heel. How badly do they rub off? Is is a tear in the tongue?

no body ever said the tongues rub off!

The silver does come off but there are much more important things that you should be worrying about. Such as comfort, safety, overall construction.

BTW - You should be ashamed of yourself for using the words SG10 and junk in the same sentence. :thumbsup:

have you ever wore sidi ? I have been looking at some new boots and can't decide between sg10's and sidi ..

I have 05 black SG10 and really like em, if your worried about cosmetics see if you can buy a set of 05's

Or a nice pair of high heals. Because fashion is first and formost!

But it wasnt a tear was it? Just some discoloration? If its a tear thats just a bigger problem wating to happen. Besides they are just going to get muddy? I wonder if the black tongue models do the same but the material might not be yellow underneath so it might not be as noticiable.

I hit my new black SG10's with the pressure washer. I was deliberately trying to avoid the silver area, but I hit it just a bit and yes some of the silver covering came off. It doesn't tear though, its just a thin covering on the material. Boots will get dirty. They still look bitchen and are oh so dam comfortable. I love the SG10's!