Sign in to follow this  

Cr250 vs. crf450

10% bike 90% rider. If your talking drag then the 450 will smoke the 250

It definently depends on the rider and in a drag race the 450 will not smoke the 250. If the riders have the same skill, the 450 should win by a little but won't smoke it.

win what a beauty contest, i think the CRF has better looking plastics and graphics :thumbsup:

I have an 02 CR 250 and a 04 CRF450 they are both awesome bikes and i love riding both of them my lap times are about the same on both of them, its what ever you feel more comfortable on. like renthal1 said its 10% bike 90% rider!!!!!!!!!!

same riding skill, both bone stock. the 450 will win by a little bit, it wont smoke it.

but in the long run the 250 will pass it bye when the 450 on the side of the rode :thumbsup:

I would say when your comparing someone on a two stroke to someone on a four stroke, its more like 20% bike 80% rider. The advantage that the four strokes seem to have is pretty substantial.

10% bike 90% rider. If your talking drag then the 450 will smoke the 250

Explain a couple of those hole shots Mike Brown got last season on a two stroke will ya...against factory thumpers...

95% of the time, the thumper will hook up better. Everyonce in a while you'll find a guy that can slip the clutch well on a two stroke and he'll be able to out run ya...through about third...if you get to use 4th...well its a different story again.

I have an 03 CR250 & 05 CRF450 there both awesome bikes. Some things the 2 stroke does better & some the thumper. It's personal preference.

I agree with the quotes about the rider being the deciding factor in a race. I recall MC getting hole shots on his CR250 against the factory thumpers. During the supercross season.

I have a 04 yz450f and my brother has a 00 CR 250 with pro circuit pipe and silencer/ w .005 raise exhaust port timing and higher compression. They are dead even on pavement, no joke. We both weigh the same.

I have an 03 CR250 & 05 CRF450 there both awesome bikes. Some things the 2 stroke does better & some the thumper. It's personal preference.

I agree with the quotes about the rider being the deciding factor in a race. I recall MC getting hole shots on his CR250 against the factory thumpers. During the supercross season.

He also led a lap too!

:thumbsup:

I have an 02 CR250, my bro has an 03 CRF450. In a drag they are pretty dead even. On the track is where the 4 stroke advantage kicks in. The traction, the power at all points of the powerband. The way I explain it to everyone is, the 4 stroke is easier to ride fast, and you can ride it fast longer because of the less effort. The 2 stroke you have to work to go fast, and inturn it will work you.