Sign in to follow this  

Handlebar Bend! Need HELP!! PLZ!!

Hey everyone my cousins birthday is coming up on August 27th and i was thinking to get a ProTaper Contour Handlebar for his 2006 CR85R(big wheel)!! I went to motoworld reacing.com , but they have like 15 different bar bends :applause::ride: !!! I was wondering if im getting a bar, im a gonna need to get him bar adapters and what kind of bend will he need??

He turns 13, about 5'5-5'7 , rides mostly desert and he dont have that much riding experience! So what bend will he most likely need and more important will i have to buy adapters also :applause:

Thanks! :thumbsup:

My business partner's wife used to ride that bike and she's 5'4" and the stock set-up is too short. You have two options:

1. Buy a BRP topclamp that has both rise and adjustable bar mounts (closer and farther away from the rider). A little expensive for a b-day present, but you'd be a hit. :thumbsup:

The cheaper route:

2. Use a set of 7/8" to 1 1 1/8" bar mounts with at least 3/4" in rise. The 30mm units are just a hair more than an 1".

For both set-ups, the Renthal 971 bend (Carmichael/Windam) or similar would be about the best bend. In a Pro Taper Contour, that's the Windam MX/RM Mid Bend).

Feel free to give us a call. We'd be happy to hook you up. Remember, no sales tax to California residents. :ride:

My business partner's wife used to ride that bike and she's 5'4" and the stock set-up is too short. You have two options:

1. Buy a BRP topclamp that has both rise and adjustable bar mounts (closer and farther away from the rider). A little expensive for a b-day present, but you'd be a hit. :thumbsup:

The cheaper route:

2. Use a set of 7/8" to 1 1 1/8" bar mounts with at least 3/4" in rise. The 30mm units are just a hair more than an 1".

For both set-ups, the Renthal 971 bend (Carmichael/Windam) or similar would be about the best bend. In a Pro Taper Contour, that's the Windam MX/RM Mid Bend).

Feel free to give us a call. We'd be happy to hook you up. Remember, no sales tax to California residents. :ride:

So bar mount(adapter) is neccesery?? If yes than im just gonna get him a trim kit!! I only got $50 to spend :applause:

So bar mount(adapter) is neccesery?? If yes than im just gonna get him a trim kit!! I only got $50 to spend :thumbsup:

If you want to run contour bars, yes... The stock top clamp on the CR85 is for 7/8" bars and the lower bar mounts are cast into the top clamp. So, you must run the adapters to run fat bars like the contours.

Which trim kit are you after?

If you want to run contour bars, yes... The stock top clamp on the CR85 is for 7/8" bars and the lower bar mounts are cast into the top clamp. So, you must run the adapters to run fat bars like the contours.

Which trim kit are you after?

One Industires, because he got One Ind Alpha Graphix! I was looking around and couldnt find like the whole trim kit, so im gonna get 3 separte pieces for Fork Guards, front fender, and rear fender! Im sponsored by Motoworld racing and they give me 20-40% off on everything, so i might also get him backgrounds maybe i can spend like 60 bucks, depends on what my dad gives me :thumbsup: And my cousin told he wants the trim kit, so that what im probably gonna get him! I could get contour bar for 45 bucks, but bar mount is like another 35, so that already 80 which is a little too much :ride:

So trim kit is probably gonna be it!!!