Sign in to follow this  

Where is the rear grab handle on a CRF450

I just switched over from a yz250f which I was trail riding and had a nice handle near the seat where you could grab the bike in the rear and drag it around if need be. With the CRF it does not seem there is anywhere to pick the bike up even if you want to lift it on a stand. Any ideas? Maybe I am just missing it.

I always grab the rear fender, but if you're mainly a trail rider, I'd make a strap/grab handle that mounts over the seat and bolts to the seat bolts.

You can always grab that string between your legs and use it for a handle :thumbsup:

Sorry I could not resist......nothing personal!

theDogger

when i put mine on the stand i stand on the left side of the bike,reach over,fold the kicker out and SHAZAM!!!! you have a handle :thumbsup:

Here's an ancient Chinese secret. If you go to the back of the bike you can squat down and grab the bike from the under back rim at the 12 o'clock position with one hand and lift up very easily. Balance the bike with the opposite hand. Try it, it works.

That's what I do at the track.

But if I'm trail riding, I shove a monkey in my Camelbak and take him along for the ride. If I crash, I just let him out and make him pick up my bike. Problem solved. :thumbsup:

I put both hands under the skidplate, then carefully lift the bike up and over my head like He-Man and yell out "I FU*K'N OWN YOU BIT*CH".........then I set it down nicely and smile at it. :thumbsup:

I'd make a strap/grab handle that mounts over the seat and bolts to the seat bolts.

They sell a strap on WWW.CRFONLY.COM for $23.00, I'm sure you can look at it & then make your own.