Sign in to follow this  

Jetting help

I searched but couldn't find a simple straightforward answer (maybe one doesn't exist :ride: ). I am clueless when it comes to jetting although I am learning. I have an 02 250f and I just put the 05 exhaust cam in :thumbsup: otherwise stock except for PMB endcap with s/a. I checked and adjusted the valves before the cam and checked them after and they were in spec. The bikes kicks alot easier but it takes 5-10 kicks to start once warm. It also gives a small backfire (more like a small poof) when I try to kick it with the hot start pulled. I was told be the previous owner that it had stock jetting. Also, when I put it in neutral after I get done riding it seem to idle high at lower elevations (I usually ride between 2-3K feet). Can you guys tell me what might need adjusting to eliminate this and help ease the starting?

I searched but couldn't find a simple straightforward answer (maybe one doesn't exist :ride: ). I am clueless when it comes to jetting although I am learning. I have an 02 250f and I just put the 05 exhaust cam in :thumbsup: otherwise stock except for PMB endcap with s/a. I checked and adjusted the valves before the cam and checked them after and they were in spec. The bikes kicks alot easier but it takes 5-10 kicks to start once warm. It also gives a small backfire (more like a small poof) when I try to kick it with the hot start pulled. I was told be the previous owner that it had stock jetting. Also, when I put it in neutral after I get done riding it seem to idle high at lower elevations (I usually ride between 2-3K feet). Can you guys tell me what might need adjusting to eliminate this and help ease the starting?

It sounds rich.

Take out the PJ and see which one it is. Buy the next smaller size and the next larger size. Install the smaller and test. If you like it, keep it. If worse, try the other. If neither helps, your problem is elswhere.