Weird spark plug color

I have a lot of experience reading plugs, but I have never seen this before.

Bike is stock with stock jetting.

The porcelin has a lot of red areas on it. I have never seen this before.

Otherwise the plug looks exactly like it is supposed to.

Any ideas about the red?

Thanks.

Pump gas these days is full of many different additives to aid in low emmisions. Many states use different additives in summer and winter. It's Summer time and you may be seeing what the Summer additives are leaving behind as deposits.

Good luck and ride safely.

if your riding where there is alot of clay.. you could have clay on your plug. it happened to me, i rode and after i washed my bike it left a red residue on the ceramic part of the plug. just had to wipe it off ?

Thanks. I didn't think of that. I'm using high octane per the owners manual.

The high octane fuels have more additives than your regular fuel. It also burns a little cooler hence more deposits. When you ride the bike hard & the plug gets hot it'll probably clean itself right up.

no worries! ?

My spark plug is a tan color. I thought this was the ideal sparkplug color until i read somthing that said black was the ideal color. so what color should my plug be. Oh yea.... Do you guys think this is normal, I have a 2005 crf230 with the power up jet kit with a new filter and its uncorked. When the bike is warming up it will rev ok then it will skip and make a funny sucking or choking sound only for about half a second then it will rev ok then do it again untill the engine is nice and hot. I cant tell weather its coming from the carb or the head or what. Sorry i suck to explain things but do you guys know what this might be? thanks.