Sign in to follow this  

Dropping the foot pegs on a 2006 CRF450

I just bought a CRF450 and am wondering if I can drop my footpegs lower. I had a YZF before and just reversed the peg springs which gave me about an inch. It does not look possible on the CRF. Are aftermarket pegs more friendly for doing this? I am 6'3 so any help I can get is needed. Any suggestions?

Do a search for "lowered pegs". There is a company that makes a kit for the CRF's. I can't remember the name unfortuntaley. There is a link somewhere in the YZ450 forum. Otherwise you can put some Fastway pegs on.

Check the IMS website for the Lowboys. But if you have big feet its a no no.....I would suggest gettting the IMS lowboy and just mount the pegs. They will go back about 4 mm and about 3 mm from stock...

theDogger

I put some fastways on my 06, it drops the pegs about a half inch which was nice for me, i'm 6'1.. Main thing i like besides the lowering, is how they tiltll

Rick

SRC makes lowered peg mounts if all you want is the stock pegs to be lower.

If you want lowered aftermarket pegs, Fastway and IMS make them.

I have the lowered IMS Pro Series pegs on my '05 and like them. On my other CRF I had Fastways and those were nice too.

The Fastway pegs are adjustable and you can use the stock brackets, but if you want lowered IMS pegs you have to use their peg mounts.