Sign in to follow this  

04/05 Cr 125

do you guys think that a 2004 or a 2005 CR 125 is worth 4500 canadian? if it is, what kind of suspension does it have, or what were some of the major problems that you guys have had? or is it a great bike to enter into the 125 beginner class? i wouldn't mind your input

the 05 cr125 is on par with the o5 yz dont get an 04 because of their power valves i belive the suspention on these bikes are showa but dont hold me to that

The 05 is the most modern version. The CR125 had a pretty significant upgrade between 04 and the 05 with a late release.

without a doubt I would go for the '05 my friend has an '06 it's basically same bike I have spent alot of time on it and my own '06 YZ 125. honda finally fixed the bike for '05 the main reason they finally fixed the reed block/center cases!!

It still has the slightly older style KYB bladder forks n and the kyb shock it has great valving stock for MX it's really close to my '06 YZ my forks feel alittle plusher at times vs the CR's. Dail in the jetting and go have fun an after market pipe for it was a waste of cash (unless you wreck it) but the V3 was worth while. I really like the bike if there was one thing I don't it's the 5 speed tranny and even thats not to huge a deal.

but by all means even if an '04 motor was heavily modded the same done to the newer '05 setup the '05 would still be faster!

you could win easy JR/noivce classes on the bike even if it was all nothing but 250F's on the gate it's all skill.