Quick Question On 06 KTM 250SXF

Does it only have one oil filter or two? :ride:

I know that my dad's old 2004 KTM 450Sx had two oil filters?

My dealership tells me only one, I am getting the bike Saturday and went to purchase an oil filter, they told me it only had one. ?

So I only purchased one for the time being...

Yes, there is only one filter but there are two screens that will need to be cleaned when changing the oil. P.S. congrats on purchasing the best bike ever

Correct O' Mondo. On my bike, I change the oil and clean the screens about every 10 hours of riding time. Hour meters are great. I don't touch the filter until the 3rd change. At that time I just put a new one in. Easy bike to work on....and I've never found anything in the filter.

Thanks very much for all your replies... ?

I'm really looking forward to this bike not only becuase I'm very KTM orentated but also becuase I have a great local KTM dealership we know really well and the prices are awesome compared to Japanese. For instance I purchased two genuine KTM Twin Air Airfilters, a genuine KTM oil filter, a Renthal barpad and a genuine KTM airbox cover ad it only totaled like at £38.00 I was like wow...

I'm also looking forward to knowing wiht the correct maintainance and corect rider schedule the top end should be just great too. Not to mention that it's faster stock, and the finish is sooo awesome, I'm a confessed clean freak but I do ride yes, alot of time, but my bikes aways look new and really clean. Haivng the KTM finish is going to be really nice, no more crappy raw metal finish.

I've got an hour meter that I am taking from my Suzuki.

I'm all stoked up for Sunday's ride I can't wait...

• 5 months later...

Where abouts are the two oil screens on the sxf250's? I know theres the one under the gear lever. Theres a black kinda hole under the engine, but it doesnt have any grooves for an alan key or anything. Hope it hasnt fallen out, or am i just in the wrong place?