Sign in to follow this  

damper happiness

I got a scott's damper from the TT store a few weeks ago and yesterday i went out to test my new quiet insert i got for my yosh that day, the problem was on my test ride i wasn't even thinking about the insert, all i could think about was how much the damper KICK'S ASS!!!. I could go on forever talking about the numerous benefits i noticed but to make a long story short i was riding down the road at around 90-100 kmph when i came to an unoccupied construction zone, the road changed from black top to loose gravel and this usually makes both me and my bike very nervous but much to my amazement the bike didn't even twitch. I continued down the road for about 2km and the whole way i felt like i was on a friggin rail, i was completely in awe of the sensation. I could go on and on and tell you about my first test ride where i rode every type of terrain known to dirt bikes but im gonna stop here and say if you have ever thought you should only buy a damper if you "need" it or if you thought you weren't an skilled enough rider to appreciate one you were wrong. This is a great mod for dualsport rider's of any kind and no doubt worth it for street SM and offroad riders aswell.

I have a Scotts on my DRZ as well and love it. It was an absolute necessity for fast sand riding in the wide open spaces.

These days my bike sees tighter trails. It is still nice to have when a rock or a root inadvertently gets hit at a funny angle.

FWIW, it looks cool too :thumbsup: