Sign in to follow this  

Speedo for multiple wheels sizes

I run a 17" front rim for my mid-week riding and occasional road ride. Problem is that the stock XR4 speedo is calibrated for a 21" front. Subsequently my speedo over-reads by about 20% (and the mileage is also inflated by 20%).

I can live with this but it would be nice to be able to get an accurate reading for both setups. can anyone suggest any modifications that I may do to the existing speedo to allow me to switch between wheels?

Probably more likely, can anyone suggest an aftermarket speedo that I can put on my XR4 to accomodate the fact that I change wheels on a weekly basis.

Meatbomb..........

ICO makes an enduro computer that is programable. You measure your wheel rollout and input it into the computer which does the calculation for you and displays accurate MPH and Odometer. This ncomputer can be used on any motorcycle. You can see one in "My Garage".

The trailtech panoram is programmable (measure wheel size) and stores 2 sizes in memory - in the event you interchange the speedo between 2 bikes - should fit your situation.

I had a look at the trail tech device. Their website does not seem to list a mounting specific for the XR4? What do people do about using these devices on XR4s?

I had a look at the trail tech device. Their website does not seem to list a mounting specific for the XR4? What do people do about using these devices on XR4s?

There's a recent thread here on that