Is 175 PSI a good measuerement of compression?

I just run a compression check on a cheap 94 cr 250 and it measured 175 psi.

Is that good, regular or bad?

I was servicing the bike cause i just bought it for cheap, and i was planning on buying a set of (piston rings) for the bike, thats why i had the compression checked. Is 175 psi that bad to need a piston ring change?. Would anyone know the compression of a brand new bike?

Thanks

That seems normal for a 250 two stroke. My 125 is at 165psi, has been since my last top end change. The main thing to watch out for is when your compression starts dropping, then its time for new piston rings.

Thank you guys.

I really didnt know if it was a good number or not.

When would you recomend another check?

2-3 months? 6 months?

Are there any signs to be looking for that tell you its about time for a top end?

Sorry guys and thanks again.

My KX250 is in the shop right now, due to an electrical problem, and it is at 195. The little queer at the shop said he had to get someone to kick it over for him. I told him I'd send my wife over! Why are these younger kids such p*ssies?

My KX250 is in the shop right now, due to an electrical problem, and it is at 195. The little queer at the shop said he had to get someone to kick it over for him. I told him I'd send my wife over! Why are these younger kids such p*ssies?

Thats because the bike companies are putting electric starters on most all beginner bikes. I think all kids should learn how to start a bike the regular way, or they wont ride at all.

He just laughed. It's very irritating. Every time I call, I get the "ya bro".."I'll keep you in the loop bro." I feel like I'm calling a surf shop! Now, I'm not that old (32), but I do expect to some sort of a professional attitude.