Sign in to follow this  

Leaking from overflow..help!!!

I know this has been asked a pile of times but I'm very new to carbs so bare with me. Now fuel is leaking out of the overflow when the bike is off. Now I've read thet it could be trash in the needle and seat, worn needle and seat, or bad o-ring around seat. Now is this the needle on the float or the jet needle as i could not find an o-ring on either. And also if the seat is worn is it obvious or not.

Oh yea it's an 03 YZF250 with the fcr

it the float needle.your carb doesnt have the oring becuase the needle seat isnt removeable.

make sure the tip of the needle is perfect and check the float level.

Ok so the tip is perfect. Now how do I go about checking the float level? And also how do I adjust the float level?

The pinger talk article is pretty good, but you measure the float level a bit differently on the FCR carb. You have to hold it upside down, but at about a 30 degree angle to do the measurement. You want the float assembly to BARELY touch the spring while measuring. If you hold it completely upside down, the float compresses the spring, resulting in an incorrect float level. Go for 8mm on your FCR float.

The pinger talk article is pretty good, but you measure the float level a bit differently on the FCR carb. You have to hold it upside down, but at about a 30 degree angle to do the measurement. You want the float assembly to BARELY touch the spring while measuring. If you hold it completely upside down, the float compresses the spring, resulting in an incorrect float level. Go for 8mm on your FCR float.

Barton,

I think they talk about that in photo # 4 :devil: