Sign in to follow this  

Monkey Butt Prevention for 3 Day Ride?

Hey TT'ers,

I'm going on a 3 day dualsport ride and know my butt is going to RAW after the first day! "Rollin' rollin' rollin' RAW HIDE!" :ride:

I have padded bike shorts, a cushy seat on my XR650R and I even dump baby power down my shorts to keep my bum from getting chafed.

But that's not even enough. :applause:

What else can one do to prevent dreaded "MONKEY BUTT?" :thumbsup:

logo_monkey.jpg

dont wear cotton i have 100% polyester sonoma's i ride in and 4 or 5 hours of riding and no monkey but

dont wear cotton i have 100% polyester sonoma's i ride in and 4 or 5 hours of riding and no monkey but

Dude, what's a "SONOMA?"

i ride moto but when i ride i wear underarmor compression shorts instead of boxers... ya might want to give that a try

SONOMA is a kind of underware that u can get like jc pennys

it's all about compression shorts.... they are freakn' fantastic... my only sugestion is that you don't skimp on the quality. you can buy what apears to be the same thing at wal-mart but from experience they are well pieces of poop. just spring for the underarmor or even like bike shorts... trust me your butt will thank you... also they have this stuff called "anti monkey butt" http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/ i havn't tried it but may be worth a shot.. i have a feeling it's just like gold bond

You can go a step up from the standard "bike short" and get one with a GEL insert.

Sure it's like riding with a Maxipad, (Call it a Man-pon, if you will) but it is magic for Monkey Butt.

Add in some Anti-Monkeybutt powder and you could ride the whoops of Baja seated for a week.

Don't forget the menthal "Gold Bond" for that cooling sensation. Padded cycling shorts work well, I was them for long daul sports but don't use them for enduros, sometimes they feel like you got a giant maxi-pad between your legs, not that I would know.......

and if it helps dont wear your normal drawers under the bike shorts. the seams are very uncomfortable.