Sign in to follow this  

Best 2007 Off-Road 450cc

I'm planning to give myself a brand new (2007) 450cc bike. I will mostly use it for enduro trails. I've always ridden in a 2 stroke Yamaha YZ, but my current one is a 2004 WR250. Since this last bike, all I want to ride from now on is a THUMPER, but now I'm wondering which brand could be the best option (Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Honda, KTM, Husqvarna...). All I know is that now I want a 450cc. For instance, now a day there's a KTM-MANIA. All my friends are riding in a KTM.

Any suggestion???? Please help decide which bike is better for 2007. Thanks in advance.

ive always wanted an aprila, but i dont know if they have them in north america(Canada,U.S.A,MEX)

Japan is for MX, Europe is for off-road. KTM or Husqvarna. Guess who my vote is for?

2007 WR450F sh*t did u see that bike it looks so nice!

2007_wr450f-wstyling_dpbse_us_1_copy_93aec47a.jpg

2007_wr450f_6a_949a914f.jpg

07wr450f_blue_4_copy_a3f6164b.jpg

I wouldnt even think about gettn anythinh else, but this bike :thumbsup:

If I were to get a new off road bike I would get a KTM 450 or 525 XC. If you wanted to go with a japanese bike I would go with the WR450F. The KTM XC's are the perfect blend of a motocross bike and an offroad bike. Its got the power that you want and the gearing you need to ride trails. They also have a light which is handy.

2007 WR450F sh*t did u see that bike it looks so nice!

2007_wr450f-wstyling_dpbse_us_1_copy_93aec47a.jpg

2007_wr450f_6a_949a914f.jpg

07wr450f_blue_4_copy_a3f6164b.jpg

I wouldnt even think about gettn anythinh else, but this bike :thumbsup:

Wow is that NICE!! :ride::applause::applause::applause::applause:

pics of aprilia bike(looks badass), the coolest off-road bike ever!!!!

p0052101121fc7.jpg

p0052401123qw9.jpg

p0052801122fp1.jpg

p0052301124yr5.jpg

pics of aprilia bike(looks badass), the coolest off-road bike ever!!!!

p0052101121fc7.jpg

p0052401123qw9.jpg

p0052801122fp1.jpg

p0052301124yr5.jpg

sorry, but i dont like the looks of that.

If I were to get a new off road bike I would get a KTM 450 or 525 XC. If you wanted to go with a japanese bike I would go with the WR450F. The KTM XC's are the perfect blend of a motocross bike and an offroad bike. Its got the power that you want and the gearing you need to ride trails. They also have a light which is handy.

+1...but dang, I was ripped off - no light on my bike!

Well, I like the KTM's, but you will get other opinions for sure. I'm not going to argue and fight about which bike is best, it seems that everyone will claim that what they ride is better than anyone else's choice.

You might base your own choice on the local dealer. Some are worth patronizing and some just aren't. Some will have the parts you need in stock and some could care less if you get to ride the next week-end.

As far as Japanese VS European bikes for off-road, the European bikes definitely have a strong following with KTM leading the charge with many many choices. I used to ride and race a Husky, dang good bike, it didn't like to corner in MX, but absolutely ruled the desert. Move the forks up in the clamps and they were unbeatable in the woods. I even made my old YZ'S do pretty well in the woods, with the exception of the always temperamental jetting.

Just choose a bike and go with it. Any of of them will give you all the fun that you can ever hope for.

One last thing, if all of your buddies are riding one brand, it sometimes is nice to ride the same brand. You all are more likely to have the jets to share, sprockets, bolts, levers,cables, etc.

I've got a wr450. Its a great bike. I have no complaints, only compliments.

However, if I could purchase a new one right now, it would be really, really hard not to take a serious look at the Husky's.

They are street legal out of the box!

it seems that everyone will claim that what they ride is better than anyone else's choice.

You might base your own choice on the local dealer. Some are worth patronizing and some just aren't. Some will have the parts you need in stock and some could care less if you get to ride the next week-end.

Just choose a bike and go with it. Any of of them will give you all the fun that you can ever hope for.

I couldn't agree more.

I ride red, but from hearing you talk, I would get a KTM. Despite all the blowin' and goin' we do here, I think it's pretty much an academic point that KTM's are the best trail bikes.