Sign in to follow this  

haters

today some guy was brush-hogging the feild next to my house and i fired up my dirt bike and started riding in my feild, the guy stopped his tractor and walked over and told me to stop riding my dirt bike, it was "distracting" him. i was kind of shocked so i just said why, then he went off on me and said he should be able to do his job in peace, i asked how i was distracting him and he told me that he could hear me over his tractor so i told him that he was distracting me from riding. he told me to just wait untill he was done doing his job to ride my dirt bike. i said i will do what i want on my property and fired up my bike and started riding again, the guy started to walk toward my garage so i spun around and headed back to my garage i asked him what he was doing since we have 3 quads(not mine), 3 dirt bikes, and a lawnmower in the garage he said nothing and went back to his tractor. later his kid came over to my garage and started asking me random questions about our bikes and then he asked me how much my dads yz125 costed us so i asked him to please leave. later his dad walked up to me while i was in the garage and apologized. as he was apologizing he was looking around in my garage.

do you guys think i should be alert in case of some sort of theft posibilities, or is he mabe a weird guy ?

Wow odd story! I dont know what to say :thumbsup: He might be just weird or he might be planning a theft u never know! If i was you i would keep my eyes and ears open at all times! And if he bothers you again just call the Police and let them figure everything out!

definatly keep ur head up, maybe put some cheap alarms around your garage, so if anything is tripped it will sound. i would be very cautious.

yeah i agree, i would keep your garage shut unless you can keep watch on it

Go over to his garage and start asking him how much his Tractor "costed" him.

Then, do like the Blues Brothers, and ask him "How much for the Women and Children". haha.

Might be a really good idea to run a chain around the stuff you want to keep even in the garage.

I would keep an eye on things. On the other hand he may have told his kid what he saw and the kid is interested in getting a bike. Hard to read peoples minds.

You did not have to stop riding on your property, but cooperation can go a long ways. It takes exactly 1 annoyed person in our city to get the city council to pass an ordnance prohibiting something.

god you know what would be great, if some how you could wire up some secruity cameras so that when and if those douche bags try anything you have them caught on tape. just my opinion

You should have stopped being a dick and let him do his job. I think even though it was your property you should have still been curteous to him.

where do you guys live?

we live about 30 miles from fort wood. the only reason i am worried is because things like this just dont normally happen where i live. i live on a 15 mile long gravel rode with only 3 families living on it

I'd just said the brush cutter was equally distracting, so we can just call it even, you go about cutting, I'll go about riding. And of course, if he was a little more polite and dimplomatic about it... Something that just irritates me is someone telling you rudely what you will/wont do on your property. I have a buddy, who had a new neighbor move in a new home behind him. He dumped his lawn clippings way back in the corner which was away from everyone till the new guy moved in. He yells at my buddie who was in his back yard, saying "hey you" several times, when he acknowledges, the guy tells him in a ruff demanding voice, you need to move your grass pile, its stinks. My buddy had to get a restraining order for him eventually. He was a nut job. But my buddie wasnt worried, he is black belt. But the grass pile is still in the exact same spot, growing constantly. I dont think he will haul it to the dump, ever again.

Always be the bigger person and be respectful of others even if you disagree with him. You have the right to ride in your property but it always good to be courtious of your neighboors.

Example if i was mowing my lawn when the neighboors were having a birthday party. Thats a no no. Let the guy mow his field the 1 time out of the 3 he does all summer. Basically Just don't be a JERK.

You should have stopped being a dick and let him do his job. I think even though it was your property you should have still been curteous to him.

I dont agree :thumbsup:!! Tractors are loud too and anyways its his property and he has evry right to do wahtever he wants! Its like if you were sitting and having some beer with your buddies and some d*ck comes to you and says to stop for no reason :ride:

be as courteous as u can but if he is being a douchbag for no reason, then dont give him a second thought. it's ur property just like he has his own property. if he wants to mow his brush then he can and if u want to ride ur bike in ur yard then go ahead. keep an eye on those bikes and quads too...from what u have said, the situation sounds kind of weird. he had absolutely no right to be on ur property without ur permission.

If you have insurance, don't even worry about it. Don't worry about the haters, make the haters worry about you.

I would have just gone inside and waited. Just to be respectful to my neighbor and maybe you can get him into riding, and you two can start riding together. But do whatever you want to do. I wouldn't worry about them stealing one of your bikes, although I would lock them up.