Sign in to follow this  

Fed up

Checked my valves at 49 hours, right intake was tight. reshimmed and now 3-4 hours later all the valves are tight again. they are so tight i cant even fit a feeler guage in them. &%$#@!, this bike has turned into somthing to be worked on every ride. i never rev my bikes high so there is no rev limiter. what do you guys think is causing the valves to tighten up so fast? btw, bike was running good no hard starting or anything. :applause::applause::ride::thumbsup:

I'd double check your readings. Seems odd that they would ALL tighten up. If they have, then with 49 hours on the bike if you shimmed once and they tightened back up right away, it's time to have your seats cut and put in some new valves.

stock valvetrain isnt up to par. its easier to replace the stockers and get new seats. i did and 4 rides with a break in and they still are the same clearance.

I'd double check your readings. Seems odd that they would ALL tighten up. If they have, then with 49 hours on the bike if you shimmed once and they tightened back up right away, it's time to have your seats cut and put in some new valves.

I've checked 5 times that it was at tdc. I will take a picture of the cams to make sure it is on tdc. it just sucks because we were all going riding this weekend but now i cant. :thumbsup: i guess thats part of riding 4 strokes.