Sign in to follow this  

Back On My Feet

My Dad pasted away 2 months ago and it seems like everyday has been a fight since then. Nothing has seemed to matter and everything feels different now. I really miss him.

Anyway, I think it’s time to get back on my feet, my Dad was always there to help me and guide me so it‘s been a little hard. I can hear him saying, “ don’t worry it can only get worse” Dads sense of humor when things where going wrong.

I know he would be mad at me for sitting around the house feeling sorry for myself, so I started messing with the DRZ again which seems to help and made me think of Thumpertalk.

You see, Dads health really started going down hill around last Thanksgiving and buy Christmas He was in bed most of the time. That was hard to face the fact that Dad was dieing, I guess I didn’t believe it or didn’t want to believe it.

That is where you guys helped, sometimes when I was all alone I would come to Thumpertalk and you guys would unknowingly help me forget about everything for a minute. I’m not saying I wanted to forget about what was happening to Dad, just sometimes it all felt overwhelming.

Anyway, back in April my family went out of town for a wedding and I spent the weekend with my Dad. I was sitting with him and he fell asleep so I thought I would get on the Internet and see what was happening on Thumpertalk. My Dad woke up and asked what I was doing and I told him. He asked me to read some of the posted to him. I read to him for about an hour and in that hour we had a few laughs and everything felt normal for a while.

This is a good memory and for that I would really like to thank you guys and thank Thumpertalk.

I would also like to say go spend as much time as you can with your dads because they’re not always going to be here. Like I said everything seems different now, kind of like being lost.

Once again this really is a great site.

Thanks Thumpertalk.

Easy.

P.S. Some of Dads wisdom, “Don’t fix the symptom, fix the problem”.

Sorry to hear that. I lost my dad on march 16 of this year. One day before my youngest b-day. The hardest thing for me is using his tools. I still get all worked up and sad. Thank god for my wife and kids to help me through. I miss him out at the MX track.

Easy, glad to hear you're bouncing back. Dealing with the loss of a father is really tough for a son. You're definitely right when you say he wouldn't be happy knowing you were sitting around feeling sorry for yourself. I bet you can hear him in your mind comenting on that right now!

You're story is so close to my own. I took my family out to spend last Thanksgiving with my dad knowing full well it would be his last. He died March 16th from cancer and it just hasn't been the same since, but I know he'd want me to get my ass in gear and keep living my life and be a father to my own three kids. I'm not saying it's easy, but it's the right thing to do. Your dad will always be a part of you and live in your memories the rest of your life. Celebrate his life, don't dwell on the ending!

Good luck and ride on!

P.S. Condolences to you too NMdesertracer. Nice to know we can pick each other up! :thumbsup:

Easy, glad to hear you're bouncing back. Dealing with the loss of a father is really tough for a son. You're definitely right when you say he wouldn't be happy knowing you were sitting around feeling sorry for yourself. I bet you can hear him in your mind comenting on that right now!

You're story is so close to my own. I took my family out to spend last Thanksgiving with my dad knowing full well it would be his last. He died March 16th from cancer and it just hasn't been the same since, but I know he'd want me to get my ass in gear and keep living my life and be a father to my own three kids. I'm not saying it's easy, but it's the right thing to do. Your dad will always be a part of you and live in your memories the rest of your life. Celebrate his life, don't dwell on the ending!

Good luck and ride on!

P.S. Condolences to you too NMdesertracer. Nice to know we can pick each other up! :thumbsup:

Wow my condolences to you Talenuf. Same day both our fathers passed away.

easy, glad to hear things are getting level again.

lost mine new year's day this year to cancer. miss him too but, as talenuf said, he would be happy to know that you're back on the ride.

Thanks, Guys

I’m really sorry to hear about you losing your Dads too.

Your right, thank god for family and friends. After I wrote this post I almost deleted it, but now I am glad I didn’t. I have some of my Dads tools to, but there’s this little pipe wrench my Dad always keep in his back pocket that he used at work for years that always chokes me up. Man I remember playing with that pipe wrench when I was a little kid. I‘m going to build a little frame for it and a picture of my Dad I have and put it up on the wall.

Well thanks again guys and sorry for your losses.

Shall we talk motorcycles. :thumbsup: