Freeze a pipe to remove the dents?

i took out small dents from my YZ450 header, took about 3-4 times to get them almost all the way out. Your gonna need a BIG freezer for a 2-stoke pipe ?

I would go with capping both ends one w/ a valve stem bolted into it and heat it up with a torch and fill w/ compressed air little by little.

whatever you do dont fill it with air and heat it, the pipe could burst and shred you into pieces with shrapnel

vERY TRUE!! tHAT'S WHY YOU HEAT AND ADD AIR SLOWLY!! YOU WILL SEE THE DENT POP OUT. yOUR NOT SUPPOSE TO GET IT THAT HOT WHERE IT MELTS!! wORST I'VE SEEN HAPPEN ISTHE END THAT ARE SAFETY WIRED DOWN SOMETIMES WILL SHOOT OUT LIKE A MISSLE ?

OK First up. You have no control how and the eventual outcome will be with freezing. For those who do freeze - give it time and YOU WILL split your pipe. As for the heat method- by far the best and most predictable. If you are a mojor idiot and put 180 psi then heat the pipe - well you get what you deserve. The max air pressure you should go is 20psi, even after you are applying heat. Shoot for 10 to 15 psi.

My mechanic friend just did my pipe with heat and air pressure and it worked great. He has a special fitting that a friend of his made that caps the cylinder end, another cap goes on the stinger end with a fitting for the air hose. He sets the air pressure at 40lbs and allows a little leaking at the cylinder end. He then used a acetelyne torch and heated around the dent at the creases first and worked his way in. Magic! the pipe looks like new and it only took about 20 minutes.