Sign in to follow this  

weight loss supplements

are they relatively safe? (like hydroxycut, etc) I'm a healthy 17 year old and I need to lose some fat that I put on from sitting around all summer. I have started running and I plan on lifting weights as soon as I can get a gym membership. I want to get back to how I was when I played football.

from what I hear they are basically caffeine and stuff that expands to make you feel full?

a guy at work took these in high school. he weighed 240 and was fat. now he's around 190 and runs 10 miles every other day.

I want to start taking these so I can see some results a little quicker than with just diet and exercize alone.

At your age, I would stay away from the fat burners. Stick with adjusting your diet to reduce or eliminate junk food and pop and increase your physical activity.

he weighed 240 and was fat. now he's around 190 and runs 10 miles every other day.

I want to start taking these so I can see some results a little quicker than with just diet and exercize alone.

don't take anything like a weight loss or diet pill, especially at 17.

1. Change how you eat. Instead of eating the big meal, eat 3 smaller ones.

2. Make your lunch everyday instead of burgers and fries. Eat half of the food (I know its hard to stop), then save the other half for two hours later.

3. no sodas, not regular, not diet, not any. Drink water, learn to love it

4. instead of candy and junk food, snack on dried fruit with a few nuts. They sell it in 7/11 on the next isle.

5. start running and work yourself up to 2-3 miles per day at about 7-8 mins per mile. That guy is 190 because he runs. He doesn't run because he's 190.

Work out and build muscles, it's a good way to make you feel better about yourself, increase confidence on the bike and lose fat (plus girls start looking at you more when you've got muscles and at 17 you will appreciate).

Endurance + cardio + diet overhaull (part of a better hygiene of life).

Supplements, sometimes, can help, but I first would try without any.

I agree get your diet and exercise in order. At 17 you should have no problem getting back in shape. Besides, the most effective ingredient of the early formulations - ephedrine - has been banned as a weight loss supplement. The new formulations don't do jack.

IM 15 and have recently came in at just over 190, im 5'11 and im sure i've packed some pounds over the summer. I wanna loose the stomach and "man boobs" before winter, i stopped drinking pop about a month ago, and i havent noticed any noticable weight loss. Hell week for football starts tommorow so hopefully this will help in the aid of weight loss.

Yamahathumper look at all you eat during the day and be very critical. There may be something in there that's making you build fat (dairy, milk, bread, cookies, chips, too many sweet fruit, too much guacamole, etc...) that you do not suspect.

Some of us pack the pounds very easily, on the other hand we build muscles faster.

If you play football this year, they are going to make you sweat and also wil encourage you to hit the gym. If you do and add some muscle pounds, then the fat will slowly but surely go. If you increase your strength, the coach will be most likely to put in the starting lineup.

As for the man boobs, it may not only be fat, sometimes it's a condition called gynecomastia and you could ask for doctor's advice. Often young men grow titties due to an hormonal imbalance. It is indeed embarassing but nothing to be ashamed of.